Talk

Zac

The last few months have been good. Every has been...quiet.

I ended up with a job at the cafe with Beck, and the three of us discussed me being put on the lease.

Beck and Joey are home, I went out to just get some air. It's nice to get away sometimes, to just be.

I ended up in the park. A few others were around, mostly kids and their parents. It's summer, it's warm and bright.

I took a seat under a tree, hugging my knees.

Beck and I used to hang out here after school. It got me away from home, and him away from his cousin. I didn't like Finn, he was scary. He had a crush on me and it made me really uncomfortable because he knew I was Beck's friend.

I sighed softly. I miss being in high school. Everything was easier. Sure I had a broken home, and Zoe completely fucked up my time at school with her big mouth, but I had Beck and Aiden.

I miss Aiden.

What he did was beyond fucked up, but the three of us were best friends. Aiden was the third person that I told about being trans. He was chill with it, said he didn't give a shit, so long as I kept sharing my weed.

I wish he'd get away from Zoe. She's only going to fuck him over. But I guess Karma's a bitch.

I picked at the grass distractedly.

I'm going to get Aiden and Beck to get along again.

I hummed to myself quietly as I sat there.

I flinched when a soccer ball smacked the side of my face.

Son of a bitch that hurt.

"I'm so sorry!" Someone gasped.

I rubbed my cheek, looking toward the person who spoke.

"No, it's fine," I grumbled, still rubbing my cheek.

"Are you okay?" One of their friends asked, coming over to me.

"Yeah, I'm all good," I gave the kid a thumbs up.

"Hey, I know you," he spoke.

I blinked at him, raising a brow. "You look like you're like thirteen, I doubt it." I replied.

"I'm sixteen," he spoke. "You used to hang out with Trevor, he's my brother,"

I raised a brow.

Now that I'm looking at him he does look really similar. Dirty blond hair, same nose, lips, same eyes.

"Mason, right?" I asked.

He nodded, smiling at me. "Yeah!"

I nodded. "How is he?" I asked.

"Married, dunno otherwise. He doesn't talk to us anymore really," Mason shrugged.

I nodded again.

Trevor was always reclusive from his family. Always said he didn't want to get them involved in anything. I can't imagine why he doesn't talk to them now though.

"Sorry again about the soccer ball," Mason spoke.

I nodded, flashing a smile. "S'all chill,"

He walked off with his soccer ball and his friend, and I leaned back against the tree.

Beck's gonna flip shit when he sees my face. I know it's going to leave a mark.

I stretched my legs out in front of me.