Special: The Delicious Last Course

I dedicate this chapter to my girlfriends yuki_no_fuyu! I love you hun!!!

In which we exterminate a few rats hiding in the kitchen....

1st Person POV Chifuyu

It had been a few weeks since the dorms have been made at UA.

And a week since the whole Provisional License exams fiasco at UA.

Now it was finally time for the awaited curry festival being held at Shujin district.

And I was up and early today, an unusual activity as I always slept in on my off days, even when I was in the Survey Corps (I even went as far as to threaten bodily harm to anyone who was dumb enough to try to get me up before 10 AM, even at the risk of Kamado scolding me for it).

So it was a complete surprise when Chiaki and Chihiro came downstairs to see me with Amber in tow as I made several experimental batches of curry, with varying ingredients and different flavors ranging from dry to sweet.

"Ohayo," I greeted as I turned to my new adoptive baby sister since my time in Kanto.

A little exposition on this new little bean. Basically when I got my butt dragged to New Island thanks to Mewtwo, I was plopped right next to this sweet kid and was asked to heal her as she was running a high fever, one that could have killed her because of her poor constitution. Add in the fact that she was a clone of a girl and wasn't meant to survive made matters worse. Thankfully with my power I was able to help her break the fever and get rid of any other ailments she might have been going through. And then shit happened with Mewtwo and the clones, I stopped him from doing something bad, I almost died, yadda yadda yadda, and bada-bing, I had not only a Legendary on my team, and a vast army of cloned Pokemon, but also a new baby sister.

Most days she lives with Colress, if only for her safety and for her health, and Colress is a licensed doctor so he is ready for any emergencies concerning her well-being. And it was agreed we kept this secret from a certain select few as I shudder to think what would happen if, gods forbid, fucking Nedzu of all people to find out about her and her "true" origins. And if Mewtwo got involved, it will be a bloodbath.

"What do you think?" I asked as she sampled one of the Slowpoke Tail curries.

"A bit on the sweet side...." Amber answered. Out of all the kids, she is the biggest curry fan. Well, her and Amatsu... Even though Amatsu had taken to eating the "rejected" curries to the point I'm certain they have a blackhole in place of their stomach. And I thought their obsession with pizza bagels was bad....

"What's going on here?" Chiaki spoke up, not sure what she was seeing.

I turned to see her and Chihiro, shortly followed by Jataro and Kotoko.

"Oh hi, just in time," I gestured to the barstools, "go ahead and help yourselves. I made a lot."

"Curry for breakfast?" Chihiro asked almost dubiously.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I agree," Amatsu chimed in, licking their chops as they finished yet another bowl and was about to move onto another.

I turned to the others. "Better get it while you can before the purple vacuum cleaner here eats all of them."

This spurred the four of them to grab a bowl and began eating.

"Where's Mom?" Chihiro asked a little bit after they started eating.

"She left earlier this morning, because they needed extra help in the whole Provisional License exams," I answered, giving Kotoko and Jataro their bowls.