Chapter 12

A/n: Hellooo beautiful peeps! I'm sorry about this very long update but I'm back xD FINALLLYYY!! 

This summer is already hectic with internships and volunteer works so I'm super sorry for this very slow update. 

Hope you guys had an awesome 4th of July xD 

Jax's POV 

She beamed, "I remembered something. I know who took Princess Astrae!" 

 My eyes widened but I recomposed myself and calmly asked, "Who is it?" 

There was a silence that lasted for a few seconds but it felt eternity to me and nothing prepared me when she had said his name. 

 The name that I told myself to forget because he was someone I used to looked up to. 

 He was my trusted ally. 

 He was my companion back in the days of courting girls. 

 He used to always hang out with me and James. 

 We used to call each other brothers and mean it. 

 I stared at Amaltheia when she said the name of my ex-best friend."It's Alpha Ian Santini."

I stared at Amaltheia as if she has grown two heads.

"You must of mistaken, Amaltheia" I whispered.

Although Ian was no longer my best friend because of a feud we had had, I can't comprehend the idea of him kidnapping my mate.

Amaltheia shook her head, "No I am for certain it is Alpha Ian, he is well known for his baby blue eyes, is he not?"

My heart sank, "Yes, yes he is. But you must of heard wrong."

I kept shaking my head, hoping to not recounter my ex-best friend yet again.

Amaltheia stared at me and let out a huff.

Then she dared to splash water to me with her tail!

I was soaked from head to my torso and I stared at her with wide eyes.

"Alpha Xiaver, don't misunderstand my childish appearance, I may look like I am no older than 10 years of age but don't underestimate my hearing. I can hear as broad as daylight and the men in the white van was calling the guy who took Princess Astrae, Alpha Ian."

And she let out another huff, "And I can never forget those baby blue eyes when he looked around him to see if anyone saw him kidnap Princess Astrae."

I kept shaking my head, "It can't be possible. Why would he kidnap my mate?"  

Amaltheia shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know but you should go rescue her quick, she doesn't look too well when I first saw her." 

My face paled. 

"Wh-what do you mean she doesn't look well?" 

Amaltheia thought carefully, "Well, she looks very dehydrated like when a fish is first introduce to land and at first wiggling everywhere and all of the sudden, it'll stop because they're dehydrated." 

I raised an eyebrow towards her, "Not a really good comparison." 

Amaltheia shrugged, "She's just look paler than usual and impaired looking." 

I looked at her dumbfounded, "And wh-what happens if you are too dehydrated for too long?" 

She gave me an 'Are you serious? That is such a stupid question' look.