Chapter 8

Flashback

We emerged from the ocean and transformed our tails to human legs.

"Ready to explore?" Hayley said with a big smile on her face.

With honey brown hair and light blue eyes, she was a cute little thing and at that time I was so glad to call her my friend.

Even though she was of lower status than I was, I always thought we were equal.

"Girl. I was born ready" then I winked at her.

She giggled and we went inside my house to change into human clothes.

"So where do you want to go?" she asks me.

I shrugged, "Want to just walk around?"

She nodded her head and we were walking side by side until we stopped by an ice cream shop.

We heard great stories from many people that if we ever go to land, we have to try an ice cream.

I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw a customer hand some green paper to the guy who was selling ice cream.

And then it dawned to me that we had forgot to bring money with us.

"Hayley! We forgot to bring money!" I exclaimed to Hayley with a worried expression.

Hayley then smacked her forehead, "Uggh, I knew we forgot something!"

"Don't worry I'll just run back home and get the money. Wait for me?"

She nodded her head and then I sprinted back home.

I was looking through my drawers until I saw my wallet that was placed deep inside my undergarments.

Oh yeah I remembered that I have heard that house robberies were very common in the human world so I hid all of my money in my undergarment drawer because I thought I was smart to think that that was the last place a robber would look.

I shook my head at my absurdity.

Then I got out of my house and locked my doors before I started sprinting again.

I wasn't looking straight ahead of me because I was too focused on going to the ice cream shop as quick as possible because Hayley was waiting for me so it was no surprise that I bumped into something hard.

I was waiting for the hard impact of the ground but instead I felt large muscular arms around my waist.

"Whoa there, are you-" I slowly opened my eyes and saw widened baby blue eyes that was full of shock and awe.

I then looked up at him and saw his shiny blonde hair glisten through the sun and how his sun kissed skin perfected his physique.

We were just staring at each other until I realize that I had to go to the ice cream shop as soon as possible because Hayley was waiting for me.

So I got out of our embrace and muttered, "Excuse me" before sprinting to the ice cream shop.

When Hayley saw me, she waved her hands like a maniac.

"You got the money?" Hayley asked enthusiastically when I reached her.

I nodded my head and blushed when I remembered a sudden baby blue eyes.

Hayley eyed me suspiciously and then smirked, "Who did you meet?"

"W-w-what are you talking a-about?"