Chapter 1

12 Years Later...

"Kaidence! Breakfast Is Ready!" My Mom Said.

"Okay. Im Coming." I Said. I Finished Putting My Makeup On, Grabbed My Backpack, And Headed Downstairs. It Was The First Day Of School And The Start Of My Sophmore Year. I Had To Look Fly! I Went Downstairs And Sat At The Table.

"How Come She Can Wear Makeup, But I Can't?" Serenity Asked.

"Because She's Old Enough To Wear Makeup." My Mom Said.

"And Even Though She's Older, Doesn't Mean She Should Wear A Lot Of Makeup. Like She Is Now." Said My Daddy. I Rolled My Eyes And Ate My Breakfast.

"Well Let's Go." My Dad Said. We All Hugged And Kissed Mom And Headed To The Car.

"Shotgun!" Said My Little Brother Xavier. I Laughed.

"I Don't Think So!" I Said As I Climbed Into The Front Seat.

"You Should Learn To Be Nicer To Your Siblings." He Said.

"You're Right Daddy." I Said Smiling Sweetly At Him. He Frowned And Said Nothing Else. We Pulled Up To The School And We Unloaded Quickly. We Said Our Goodbyes And Went Our Seperate Ways.

"Kaidence!" Screamed My Best Friend Bre.

"Hey Girly." I Said.

"You Looking Fly As Always!" She Said.

"Thanks. So Are You." I Said. She Gave Me A Hug And We Looked Over Each Others Schedule.

"We Have All The Same Classes!" She Said. I Laughed.

"Umm Excuse Me! You're In Front Of My Locker." Said Some Tall Blond Girl.

"My Bad." I Said, Getting Out Of Her Way.

"It'll Be Your Bad If I Catch You In Front Of My Locker Again!" She Said.

"Looks Like It'll Be My Bad Then. Hate To Break It To You Blondie, But We're Locker Neighbors. Now I Got Out Your Way So You Need To Get Out Of My Face!" I Snapped. I Turned And Headed To My First Period Class. The Nerve Of Some Females! I Can't Deal.

I Sat At A Desk In The Back Next To Bre. I Was Pulling Out My Notebook, When My Box Of Pencils Fell Out. I Groaned As I Bent Down To Pick Them Up.

"I Got It." I Heard A Voice Say. He Picked Up My Pencils And Handed Them To Me. I Looked Up And Stared. Preston Miller Was Helping Me Pick Up My Stuff! He Was The Sexiest Guy In School And The Captain Of The Football Team.

"Thanks." I Said.

"No Problem." He Said. He Sat Back At His Desk And I Couldn't Contain My Joy Through Out The Class. When The Bell Rung, I Grabbed My Bag And Headed To My Next Class.

"Yo Kaidence." Preston Said. I Stopped And Turned.

"Yeah? What's Up" I Said, Trying To Play Cool.

"Friday Night. Wanna Go See A Movie?" He Asked.

"Sure." I Said.

"Aight Cool. I'll Get Your Number After School." He Said. He Walked Me To My Next Class And I Was Hella Excited. My First Day Was Starting Off Nice!

(Kaidence In The MM.)