Chapter 18

*2 Weeks Later*

Still No Luck On Finding Out The Sex Of The Baby. Ugh! This Is Frustrating, And To Make Matters Worse...Preston Is Home From Boot Camp Early; And We're Suppose To Be Having Dinner With Him And His Mom Tonight.

"Are You Comfortable With Seeing Him Tonight?" My Mom Asked. I Nodded. I Was Honestly NOT Ready For This. The Last Time I Saw Him, I Told Him I Never Wanted To See Him Again.

My Mom Had Just Finished Scrunching My Hair Into Bouncy Curls, When The Doorbell Rang. Oh Shit! I Heard My Dad And Ms. Miller Talking And My Heart Began Beating Fast. My Mom Hurried Downstairs To Greet Them While I Just Stared At Myself In The Mirror.

"Kaidence." I Heard My Mom Say. I Groaned As I Slid On My Bear Feet House Shoes, And Slowly Walked Downstairs.

When I Saw Preston, My Heart Dropped. He Looked...Different. Oh Goodness. He Was Sexier Than The Last Time I Seen Him.

"Hey Kaidence." He Said.

"Hi." I Said. I Brushed Passed Him And Went To Sit At The Table. So Far So Good I Guess.

All Through Dinner, Preston Was Talking About How He Has Changed And That He Is Going To Be A Father To Our Child. Yeah Right! I Was The Quietest Through Dinner And Preston Just Kept His Eyes On Me. I Just Wanted This Night To Be Over.

"You Okay Baby Girl?" My Dad Asked, Snapping Me Out Of My Thoughts. I Nodded.

"I Can't Wait To Know The Sex Of The Baby. My Mom Tells Me That The Baby Won't Open Its Legs." Preston Said. I Nodded.

"What's Wrong?" Preston Asked.

"Can I Be Excused?" I Said. I Didn't Even Wait For An Answer As I Quickly Got Up And Dashed Upstairs. I Slammed My Door, And Sunk To The Floor. What Is Wrong With Me? Why Do I Seem So Flustered! So Annoyed! So...Pregnant! These Hormones And Mood Swings Are Bringing The Worst Out In Me. There Was A Knock At The Door, And I Quickly Got Up.

"Kaidence. Can We Talk?" I Heard Preston Say.

"Come In." I Said. He Walked In And Slowly Closed The Door.

"What's Wrong With You? Why Are You Acting Like This?" He Asked. I Shrugged.

"I Know You're Mad About Me And Jessica, But I Promise You Nothing Happened. I Was At The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time." He Said. Nothing Happened? He Is A Damn Lie! And Who The Hell Is Jessica? I'm Guessing That Was Blondie. I Never Knew Her Real Name. That's So Sad.

"So You Didn't Sleep With Her? At All?" I Asked. Even Though I Knew The Truth.

"No Baby! I Didn't. I Just Kissed Her." He Said. I Burst Out Laughing.

"God Preston! Even When I Know You're Lying, I Almost Believe You." I Said.

"I'm Not Lying!" He Said.

"I Know For A Fact You Slept With Her, But We Will Leave It At That. How Are You Supposedly A Changed Person When You Sit Here In My Face And Lie!" I Said. My Eyes Began Burning As The Tears Began To Flow.

"Okay. Okay. I'm Sorry. I Did Sleep With Her, But It Didn't Mean Anything." He Said.

"Doesn't Matter If It Did! You Still Slept With Her!" I Snapped. He Stepped Towards Me, But I Backed Away.

"Please Let Me Hold You." He Said.

"I Prefer You Didn't." I Said.

"Kaidence I Love You. I Do. I Want To Spend My Life With You And Our Child." He Said. He Pulled A Small Box Out Of His Pockets And Opened It. It Was A Simple Diamond Ring. He Walked Up To Me, And Dropped To One Knee.

"Kaidence Amaarí Smith...I Know We're Too Young To Get Married, But This Is A Engagement Ring And A Promise Ring. I Love You. Marry Me." He Said. I Didn't Realize I Was Holding My Breath As I Opened My Mouth To Speak.

"I....I....Uhh...." I Stuttered. I Looked Him In His Eyes And I Melted. Fuck!

"Yes." I Said In A Low Whisper. He Slid. The Ring On My Finger And Hopped Up. He Slammed His Lips On To Mine As We Shared A Passionate, Long Kiss.

"I Love You." He Said.

"I Love You Too." I Said.

"Will You Be My Girl Again?" He Asked.

"Of Course." I Said. I Didn't Realize How Much I Missed Him Until Now. I Really Was In Love With Him. We Headed Back Downstairs And Joined Everybody Downstairs.

"Y'all Good?" My Mom Asked. I Nodded.

After We Finished Dinner, We Began Discussing Things About The Baby And The Baby Shower. Since I Didn't Know The Sex, I Just Wanted A Neutral Theme That Was Fit For Both A Girl And Boy.

"I Like Winnie The Pooh." I Said.

"Winnie The Pooh It Is." Preston Said. His Mom Agreed To Buy Us Anything Winnie The Pooh And We Accepted.

"Thanks For Dinner Mr. And Mrs. Smith. Goodnight Kaidence." Preston Said. Him And His Mother Both Hugged Me And Left. This Night Turned Out Better Than I Expected.