A Secret

Author's Note: Sorry for posting this chapter super late, procrastination is the worst 😭 anyways, hope u enjoy!

Financier P.O.V

*Two weeks later*

8:00 AM. I usually start off my day praying to the Divines. From a distance, I hear footsteps approaching. Someone kneels right next to me, but I pay them no attention.

But, it's not often when someone else comes around to pray at this hour-

Curiosity gets the best of me, and I take a tiny peek to see who it is.

It's Clotted Cream.

I quickly return to my prayer, trying my best to ignore him. After a couple more minutes, I hear him stand up, and walk off. I guess he doesn't have much to pray for.

***

I get up from my prayer, and start to leave, only to run into him again. He was sitting on the pews. It looked like he was waiting for me to finish. He stood up, and walked towards me.

"Hey Financier! I've got something to show you, wanna come?"

I think about it for a bit.

What does he want to show me?

I then nod. He grabs my hand, and we walk out of the Sanctum.

***

As the Sanctum appeared smaller and smaller behind us, I decided to ask him where we were going.

"You'll see when we get there."

After what seems like an eternity of walking, hiding around the republic to avoid being caught, and taking small breaks, we then walk into a plain, full of flowers and a few scattered trees here and there. One tree stood out, taller than the rest, covered in green.

"We're here!"

Clotted Cream then lets go of my hand, and runs a little into the plain.

He then turns towards me.

"This is where I like to go when I'm bored or sad. Almost no one knows about it, except the both of us."

He smiles at me.

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

I then smile and nod my head. He holds out his pinkie finger, as a confirmation of the promise. I link mine with his.

"I promise."

***

End of Chapter 2

Author's Note #2: AHHHHHH IT'S FINALLY DONE thank you guys for sticking around this long, love you guys ^^