A Promise

Author's Note: wahhhh sorry for not updating in a long time, got busy with school (also new ovenbreak update sucks ass)

CW// Mention of death

(yea we went from 0 to 100 in the span of 2 chapters :sunglasses:)

Financier POV:
It's been several weeks since our first meeting. Over that time, Clotted Cream and I have been very close, best friends you could even say. Since the day he showed me his secret meeting spot, and we've been meeting up nearly everyday since then.

Until one day, he just didn't show up. I wait anyway. As I see the sun start to set, I decide to head back to the orphanage, before Mille-Feuille Cookie starts to worry where I've been. Surely tommorow he'll be here.

Except it was the same thing the next day. And then the next. And again.

I started to get a bit worried. What if something happened? I shrug it off, he was probably just busy.

Days turn into weeks. And he's still not here.

Until a few weeks pass, I see a familiar face show up again. I smile and wave, but stop as soon as I see his face.

As soon as he reaches me, he hugs me.

"Clotted Cream?"

He starts to cry, and then lets go.

"Financier. It's my papa."

I give a small look of confusion. What is going on?

"H-he's gone."

As soon as he finishes his sentence, he bursts into tears once more. It took a few seconds for it to click.

Oh...

I then give him a hug.

"I-I... I'm sorry for your loss..."

He starts to calm down a bit, and I let go.

He wipes his tears, and gives me a small "thank you".

"I also have something else to tell you..."

"What is it?"

"I'm moving to another house, House Custard. But that won't stop me from hanging out with you, I promise that."

He gives me a weak smile.

I then smile back and nod.

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."

We hang out for a little more, catching up with what we missed. We then wave goodbye as the sun starts to set.

***

Author's Note: AHHHHHHHH no way i actually finished writing this chapter in one day, anyways when will they see each other again? gee idk

I see that I've written "pinky promise" many times in this book, so I'll probably rename this fic soon. Anyways, thank you for reading! Until the next one!

 Anyways, thank you for reading! Until the next one!

spongussy