Familiarity

(Author's note: holy shit where have i been- anyways, thank you guys so much for the 1k reads, it really means a lot 😭)

-Years later-

Financier POV:
I haven't seen him in years. Every once in a while, I wonder what he's been up to. But it was only until recently he's been coming up in my thoughts more often.

***

I was heading back to the orphanage after running an errand for Mille-Feuille Cookie. Carrying two bags full of food for the orphans, I smile and think about how they would react and generosity of Mille-Feuille. She's like a mother not only to me, but to every kid in the orphanage. As I was walking by the plaza, I look around, and notice a familiar head of hair.

Short blond hair with lighter streaks, it's almost unrecognizable.

And almost as soon as he caught my eye, he disappears into the crowd. I stand there, confused. Was that really him? Or am I imagining things? I then immediatelty snap back to my senses, and run back to the orphanage. Mille-Feuille is probably wondering what's taking me so long.

***

Recently, I had gotten into the Paladin Academy of the Crème Republic, a prestigious academy, where only the ones chosen by the Divines get in. The year had just started a while ago, and currently working my hardest to be the top of my class. The only issue; he's been appearing in my mind more often.
As I walk down the halls of the academy, I nearly start spacing out.

"..ey! Helllllooo..? Earthbread to Financier Cookie?"

"Ah! Oh, hey Madeleine Cookie. What's up?"

"You've been spacing out a lot more recently. Why space out when you can be admiring a marvelous cookie such as me?"

He strikes a small pose. Madeleine Cookie. He's a great friend, but sometimes, he can be... a bit much.

"Heh."

"Anyways, it seems you have something on your mind. You know you can talk to me about if you'd like."

"Thanks, but maybe later. It's a long story."

"Alrighty then, see you soon!"

He's a great friend. I then smile to myself, and quickly rush to my class. I tried my best to pay attention in class, but all I was able to think about was that "encounter".

***

Author's Note: omg a longer chapter thats new- but anyways, I've said it once and I'll say it again, thank you for those who stuck around, ily guys ❤️
(heavily brain rotting on this ship everyday, especially with the art envcry and buttercup keep making ahhhh 😭😭)

Author's Note: omg a longer chapter thats new- but anyways, I've said it once and I'll say it again, thank you for those who stuck around, ily guys ❤️(heavily brain rotting on this ship everyday, especially with the art envcry and buttercup keep m...

see you guys in the next one!