Chapter 12

They were going through the woods looking for Eddie

They were going through the woods looking for Eddie.  Wendy just wanted to find Eddie before anyone else did.  She has really missed him.   She suddenly hears someone by her, she turn to her side and sees Robin.  

She smiles. "Hi."   Robin smiles at her.  "May i ask you something."  Wendy nods.  "Sure."  "Do you like Steve?"   Wendy almost choke on her own spit.  "What?  Do i like Steve?"   "Yes? I don't know it  just seemed you have gotten close."    Wendy shakes her head laughing.  "We migh have but no i don't like Steve.  I like someone else, actually."  Robin looks at her intrigued.  "Oh, Someone i know?"    Just as Wendy is gonna confess her feelings she  sees that they're here.  She sighes and runs, Eddie.  

She gets to the place and looks around.  She sees Dustin and Steve but not Eddie.  "Where is he?"  She then hear something behind her.  "Turn around.  She turn around quickly and gasps.  "Eddie." She whispers.  He smiles "Hi, Wendy."   She runs into his arms, holding him tighly scared that  he's gonna dissapear.  "You're okay."   He nods.  "You too."   She pulls away, smiling at her best friend.  

"When i got to shore, i tried calling you guys but uh.. my walkie was busted, man, drenched.  So i did the thing that i do now, apparently.  I ran."   Eddie tells them.  Wendy looks at him with sympathy.  

"Do you know what time it was, this attack?" Nancy asks him.  "Yeah, no i know exactly what time it was.  My walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked."  Eddie answers as he throws his clock to her.  Eddie looks at Wendy.  "I'm sorry."  Wendy sits next to him.  "You have nothing to apologise for, okay? So stop it."  He smiles nodding.   

Nancy looks at the clock. "9:27."  Nancy answers.  Robin nods.  "Same time our flashlights went kablooey"   "Which means, exactly."  Steve asks confused.   "That that surge of energy was Vecna attacking Patrick."  Nancy answers.    Wendy nods.  "Well we're one step closer i guess."   Robin nods.  "We know how Vecna attacks."  Lucas nods.  "And from where."    "So now we just need to sneak into his lair in the Upside down and drive a stake through his heart." Max answers.  

Robin chuckles. "Even if he has a heart."   "A stake, is he like a vampire?" Steve is confused.  Max sighes.  "It's a metaphor."   "A bullet should work on him, right?" Eddie gives as an idea.   "I say we shop his head off."   Nancy sighes.  "All of the above but we can't do any of that til we find a way to get into the upisde down."  

"We need El to get her superpowers back."  Max says sighing.  "It was way easier."  Steve answer agreeing.   Wendy and Eddie look at eachother very confused.  "We had this girl, she had superpowers."  Steve tells them.    Eddie nods.  "Yeah, you mentioned her."    Eddie turns to Wendy.  "Henderson, he's not cursed is he?"   Wendy smiles.  "No, he's fine. A little off? For sure."   

 "Boom!" Dustin screams suddenly.  Wendy jumped a little.  "Jesus christ Dustin, what?"   "Bada... bada... boom.  I was right.  Skull rock was north."   Steve looks at him.  "Seriously. Are you serious?"   Dustin nods.   "This is Skull rock, okay?"  Steve shouts at him.   Wendy looks at him.  "Are you guys for real?"    "You're totally absolutely wrong right now!"  Steve tells him.    Dustin nods.  "Yes and no."   Steve sighes.  "Oh my god."    

"This compass worked correctly when we left the Wheelers.  It was correct when we got in the car on Curly.   But it started to slip further east we went.   Now it's way off.   When i was leading us here, i wasn't wrong.   The compass was."    Wendy looks at him.  "Which means?"   Dustin smiles.  "Which means, Lucas can you remember what could affect the compass."   Lucas relaises.  "An electromagnetic field."  Dustin nods.  "Exactly."   Robin looks at them.  "Sorry, i must have skipped that class."  

"In the presence of a stronger electromagnetic field, the needle will deflect towards that power.  So either there's some super big magnet around there or..."  Dustin says smiling.  Lucas nods.  "There's a gate."   Nancy looks at them.  "But we're nowhere near the lab."  

"But what if, somehow, there's another gate?  A gate that we don't know about.  I'd have to be smaller, way less powerful."   Dustin tells them.  Robin nods.  "A snack-size gate."  

"How, why?" Steve asks.    "No idea.  All i know is that something is causing this disturbance. And the last time we've seen anything like it, it's been a gate.  And i hope it is, because then we have a way to Vecna and a shot to free Max from this curse."  Dustin answers.  He starts walking.  

"Hey! Hey! Where are you going?  Eddje is still a wanted man, we can't just go a hike in the woods."  Steve tells him.   "This little steel capsule might be the key to save both Max and Eddie.   What say you,  Eddie the banished."  Dustin asks.  

Wendy as Everyone looks at Eddie.  "I say you're asking me to follow you into Mordor which, if i'm totally straight with you, I think is a really bad idea.   But uh, The Shire...  The Shire is burning."  Eddie stands up.  "So Mordor it is."   Wendy stands up.   He takes her arm and they start walking.  

They are walking through the woods.  Steve walks up to her and Eddie. "Could i talk to you Wendy, alone?"  Eddie looks at her and she nods, he walks off.  Wendy smiles.  Her and Steve walk together.  

"So, what's up."  Steve sighes.  "Um, look.  There is something i need to tell you because we don't know what's gonna happen next and i need you to know."  She nods.  "Okay?"  He takes a deep breath.  "Wendy, i like you.  I really like you. I wanna be with you."   Wendy looks at him with sympathy and sighes.  "Steve, look you're great but i don't feel the same way."  

Steve sighes.  "Why?"  She gives him a smile.  "Because i have feelings for someone else and even if i didn't i could never fall for you because.."  She takes a deep breath.  "Because i like girls."   Steve breathes out a nervous laugh.  "Of course you do."  He whispers.   She didn'y really hear him.  "I'm sorry?"   He shakes his head.  "Nothing, it's okay."   She nods.  "Friends?"   He nods smiling.  "Friends."   She smiles.  "Come on."  They keep walking.  

"So this person, is it someone i know?" Steve asks her.   She nods.  "Yeah, it is."  She says as she look towards Robin who's walking with Nancy.  Steve sees it and smiles.  "Okay."  

EDDIE AND WENDY ARE REUNITED!! Steve has confessed his feelings and Wendy has told him that she likes girls and he has figured out who she actually likes :) I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts