¹ 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬

!!this fic barely contains any smut, im not sure if i wanna put smut in it or not but lets just leave it for the time being, so if you're here looking for hot smut, you AINT findin it here at least for now.!

WRITTEN IN TOJI'S POV.

The skies are amply dark today. Crickets faintly chirping among the quiet that's hanging into the air. My breaths are staggered - courtesy of carrying my luggage past the long ass pathways of this house.

None of this is indulging to me though. Neither the dark slipping between the clouds, nor the sounds of bugs.

Everything I'm doing right now revolves around money, money, money and Megumi.

Yes. That's it.

That's all that revolves around my thoughts at this moment, as I'm standing by the doorway of this house.

A sharp inhale fills my lungs, thoughts rapturing against the back of my head.

My gaze lingers over the dozens of windows that brim the sophisticated structure of this house, slithering with demure elegance in the company of a few trees and plenty of plants that bring a spark of life into the entire infrastructure.

It was a large mansion worth thousands - if not millions.

God, you're rich.

(a/n: your house looks something like this

(a/n: your house looks something like this.)

It was today.

The day I finally put a permanent end to my futile grieving and started a job.

The job of an assistant.

At first, yes, this job seems hectic for a single father, with all the running around the CEO and catering shit, but the pay I was going to receive just for living with you and doing my job was infuriating.

Really, it was shit ton of cash. Just for being your assistant and living with you.

And who refuses money that comes so easy to them? Certainly not me.

After my wife passed away, I gambled like my life depended on it (I mean, it did but that's a different story).

But, I've decided to change.

Mourning and sabotaging my life and Megumi's will not get me shit in life.

I needed a distraction too, if this helps my case and no matter how rich I am (which I definitely was not), I will never refuse any form of money that comes easy to me.