Chapter 8

3rd POV

"So, how did it go?" Jungkook asked, watching TV in the living room. Leg still elevated.

"Pretty good." Namjoon said as he typed on his computer. He wasn't able to retrieve his USB but it's on its way.

"Really?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung smiled. "It did."

Jungkook, with his back to the TV screen, changed the channel to the news. The screen showed the building they had broken into up in flames, cops and news people everywhere.

"You knew we were going to blow it up, what's the point?" Yoongi asked, annoyed at the younger. Jungkook raised his finger before a news reporter started talking.

"It seems five to six individuals have blown up the building."

A policeman was later questioned. "We believe that they are delinquents wanting attention. Well, they got it. We managed to find a camera that captured the entire demolition. We are only able to see four people but we believe there are more involved. That is all we know so far...."

Jungkook turned the TV off. He stared at them for a few minutes before yelling. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU GUYS THINKING! I THOUGHT THAT BOY KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING! NOT ONLY WERE YOU CAUGHT BUT NOW WE HAVE THE POLICE ON OUR TRAIL!"

"I'm sorry." Namjoon looked down. He was so busy with checking the background on the girls, watching the cameras inside the building, making sure the sewers were turned off and not in operation, and guiding Yoongi and Jimin through the vents that he forgot the most important rule to breaking into buildings. Get rid of the neighboring cameras.

"SORRY! YOU ARE LUCKY THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ALL LOOK LIKE! HOW DO WE KNOW THE COPS AREN'T WORKING WITH THEM? HUH!?" Jungkook has a short fuse, especially when his family is involved.

Namjoon felt a tear slide down his cheek, but he kept it hidden from everyone. "Hey, so he made a mistake! He was multitasking. He had four laptops all busy, he had to keep up with everything and still make sure we were protected!" Taehyung yells back. No one yells at his team.

Jungkook limps to Taehyung and gets in his face. "If he couldn't do it, then leave it to someone who can."

Seokjin hands Jungkook his crutches. Everyone watched as he left the room to his temporary bedroom.

Taehyung was angry at the way Jungkook had handled the situation but he just ignored it and turned to Namjoon who was still on the couch looking at the floor. "It's fine Namjoon. We can handle this setback."

"I'm not good. I have to go." Namjoon stands up and starts to make his way to his lab. Yoongi stops him by placing the palm of his hand on Namjoon's chest. "You don't have to leave."

Namjoon looks at him. "I know, I just have to wait for my bug to come back. Still have lots to do."

Seokjin watched Namjoon leave the room. He wanted to follow him but thought otherwise. "Leave him be. You know how he gets." Taehyung said going into the kitchen to cook up something.

Yoongi went to help but not before passing Seokjin, whispering in his ear. "He said that for us, not you." With that said, Yoongi went inside the kitchen followed by Hoseok and Jimin. Seokjin took the hint and ran to the lab.

~~~~~~~

Seokjin opens the door just a bit to look inside. He watched Namjoon typing away on his computer, wondering what he was doing. Finally he stops and just stares at the screen, not moving. After five minutes, Seokjin walks in.

"Are you ok?" Seokjin asked. Namjoon didn't flitch this time. "I'm fine." Namjoon answered, still not looking away from the screen. "What are you doing?"

"Typing a message to someone."

Ok, not in the mood for small talk. Seokjin thought. "Can I know who?" Namjoon's grip on the mouse tightens. "No."

Seokjin nods, understanding the younger's mood. Walking away from him, Seokjin sits down on the only couch in the lab. Keeping his distance from him.

Laying down on the couch, Seokjin listens to the sounds of typing and slowly, unconsciously drifting off to sleep.

~~Time Skip~~

Finally moving from the computer. Namjoon sends the email to the receiver. Hoping they will at least read it this time instead of just deleting it.

Getting up from his seat, he turns around only to gasp in surprise. Seokjin is still here? I thought he left.

He stares at the man sleeping. Calm and relaxed. I wish I could relax. Namjoon didn't really have anything to do. He just wanted to be alone. Sulking. Realizing he yelled at him, Namjoon started to feel bad. At that moment, his USBug crawled inside his lab and put itself in its charging station.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. I just get upset when I'm yelled at. I don't like it. When JK yelled at me, I felt helpless. I couldn't do anything. It felt like my dad was yelling at me. Then, when Taehyung yelled at him, I was sent back to my home. I felt sixteen again. JK wanted too much from me. Like my parents. I tried so hard, I guess not enough." Standing up, Namjoon started to walk away. "I guess my parents were right."

Namjoon was stopped in his tracks when he felt a hand grab his wrist. "You're wrong." Namjoon turned around to look at Seokjin, who still had his eyes closed. "I think you're perfect." Namjoon wanted to cry again. He never really had a childhood, so he was very sensitive for his age. "I'm not."

Seokjin sits up. "You are. Your parents were just expecting too much from you. They wanted you to be their little robot. You're not perfect in their eyes." Namjoon hoped that wasn't a speech of encouragement.

"Do you think you're perfect?"

Namjoon was shocked at the question. "No." Seokjin stands up in his face. "Let me rephrase it. Do you think you are good enough for yourself?"

Namjoon thought for a moment. Am I?

Namjoon finally realized what Seokjin was saying. Is he good enough for himself, not for other people? "I.....I am."

Seokjin smiles and embraces Namjoon in a hug. "Don't ever say you're not good enough or perfect. As long as you know you are it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Jungkook is just upset that his team could've gotten hurt. It was one mistake. If you don't make mistakes, then you're not learning."

Namjoon smiles in the hug. It's been so long since I've gotten a hug or words of encouragement. Thank you, Seokjin.

~~~~~~~

Words: 1074