005 ❛ 𝙞'𝙢 𝙞𝙣 ❜

✧ ☾

✧ ☾

DAYLIGHT- DAVID KUSHNER

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality," Pope says, looking out the van window while John B leads them to the salvage yard."Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asks rolling a blunt next to him."It's fantasy, but possible reality" kie shrugs.

"both. Fantasy can become a reality," john b corrects, and Pope seems to ponder his response, never thinking of it that way before. "Virtual reality," JJ adds his words muffled by the joint hanging from his lip."keep the signal clear," he reminds JJ."What's the plan, fred?" kie asks, "never call me that and secondly, you are going to distract the guard while the boys and I sneak in and get the drone" John B responds, pulling the van to a stop

kie adjusts her shirt preparing herself "be safe"jj calls out "always"—the carrera walked to the front door. "Hello? Excuse me" kie calls waving her hand to get the attention of the guards. He comes out of his office and meets them at the door. "I can help?"he asks, looking over at her."Yes please. you see that i have a flat and i'm hoping that you could help me?" kie asks him. His eyes travel to the "girls" and back to her eyes. An unbalanced smile on his face "Yes, yes." One second," he says walking back to his office.

"That was too easy" Kie mumbles to herself with a smile. A moment later he comes out with an air tank in hand, pressing a button on his key fob to open the door. Kie leads him to the flat tire and leans against the side of the car, scanning her eyes for the boys. Once she found them crouching behind a wooden shelf, she nods towards the door. The three of them run out the door without a problem while Kie keeps the guard distracted. "it's probably just been sitting in the yard for too long," the guard suggests why the tire went flat. "Yeah, probably,"kie agrees

A dog begins to bark from inside the junkyard. kie looks in that direction concerned. "Do you hear that?" the guard asks her and they shrug their shoulders "Hear what?" Kie asks him, "Oh, Tebows has something," he says as he standing there trying to get a good look inside. "It's probably just a squirrel," kie suggests. "Or a raccoon?" she adds "You know how excited dogs are to chase something, nothing to worry about", kie can feel her heart rate slow when he smiles at her nodding. Looking down, the tire is almost ventilated. Kie notices this and takes the hair clip from her hair.

Crouching to the other side of the boat trailer, kie kneels next to a tire using the pin to let the air out. "what are you doing?" he asks her "Uh, did this look short?" kie answers, while the barking continues, he looks at kie before running back to the salvage yard. "Damn," kie curses getting into the driver's seat; Starting the engine, alexa drives around the salvage yard looking for them, Pope and John B jump over the fence and almost trip over the car. The two get into the car, panting a lot. "Where is JJ?" kie asks and they shrug. "I don't know we got spilt up," John B replies, trying to catch his breath. "He'll be fine, he knows the guy," says Pope.