³⁷

Thirty-seven. End.

    "I WASN'T LYING" XD holds my arm to keep me from dropping to the second floor, from falling to my death

"But...why don't you want me to go through with my plan? My plan to fix everything, to get rid of the zombies, to get the SMPE-22 so you can't control us anymore" I hold the sleeves of his suit, trying my best not to pull him down with me.

"Because, I want to be with you forever...you and me will survive- only you and me" he pulls me to his chest. "You and me!"

"No!" I shake my head. "This is stupid! You hurt my friends, why would I ever want to be with you!" I try to get out of his grip without falling through the large hole in the ground.

"Y-Y/N-" he gasps, we both fall, was it me or did someone shove him? He holds me tightly in his arms, spinning us around so he lands first. I hear a sickening crunching and snapping below me, I quickly get off him.

"XD?" I shake him, blood already pouring out from below him, it stains my jeans as I just stare.

I lift my head and look to see if someone shoved us, my eyes widen as I stare at the man.

George.

Didn't he die? How didn't he die? He was coughing up blood and fell to the floor.

"He's dead N/N" George's head tilts down, he turns around and bumps into the wall but plays it off as grabbing the wall and walking out.

"Y/N?" I look in front of me and see Jack. "What's going on? Is he okay?"

I stand up. "He...uh, he's dead but it's okay...have you guys found anything yet?"

"Techno found something! Him and Eret are looking at it now! Come with me" Jack smiles and runs away, I follow him.

He opens a door and I see Techno and Eret looking at vials of green liquid. "Y/N?" Techno looks at me confused. "Weren't you part of the other group?"

"George is here and he just killed XD!" I explain bluntly.

"We need that guy! We found everything except for the SMPE-22. The missing ingredient was just water" Techno sets a vial down. "Go check his pulse"

I nod and run out of the room, going over to XD. I stop running and stare, confused and scared.

He was gone.

"Did you really think he could kill me?" XD laughs, I turn around and see his suit was stained with blood, but here he was, alive and standing right in front of me. "Take my hand" He holds out his hand. I hesitantly place my hand on his.

As expected, my surroundings changed- well, I was still in the lab but it was much cleaner.

"XD?" I call out to him, knowing he can hear me.