ONE LAST GLASS

Betty's POV:

I've been working alongside Arman for about two years now. He's my partner when it comes to going on-site to get live reports or recordings of events of interest. I like Arman and his Philippine accent, which usually puts a smirk on my face most times when he speaks. There's not much to say about Arman, he's just an easygoing dude, tall, with medium-length dark hair, quite a cute baby face, and he's pretty funky most times.

We both find ourselves as lead reporters on the recent discomforting murder cases. There have been three different killings this week alone, all having the same pattern; seeming like a wild animal attack. Its victims have nothing in common; different ages and locations.

 Many, including my Aunt Lisa, believe that we live in a town where some people are half-human and half-wolf, werewolves. She said that most times when someone goes missing or just disappears from the neighborhood, the person may have offended or gotten into a fight with one of them and during the night they'll turn full beasts and go on revenge.

For some reason, I believed her but the idea of it being true I shoved out of my head the second it tries creeping in, especially because there wasn't anyone going missing or being murdered, so why the recent havoc? What is causing this sudden uproar and madness?

"Oops! My bad, I'm sorry" Damian said as I stumbled immediately after bumping into him on my way to my office. We seem to be of the same height, although I'm in a pair of high heels. This ensures that we both bump our chests into each other and nearly collide our heads but he was quick enough to turn his head to the opposite side of my face.

"No, I'm sorry, it's actually my fault, I was totally absent-minded". I said to him after I was finally able to regain my balance. Still feeling overwhelmed though with a bit of shock gradually escaping my body.

"It's fine! Hmm, good morning". He said with a really bright smile and his face glowing as if people bumping into him was his favorite hobby.

I didn't really feel like starting a conversation in the corridor that led to my office so I simply replied to him "good morning" with a slight grin, and headed straight to my office.

Immediately, I dropped my handbag and took off my deep blue stylishly designed coat I wore to match my deep blue skirt just nearly reaching my knees, and a black high heel. I didn't need to add thigh-high socks cause like Drey usually said, "your legs are the most beautiful and gorgeous pairs I've ever seen".

Reaching out for the chair behind my desk, I hear a sudden knock on my door, I knew it couldn't be Damian cause he has never come into my office before even though my office is just next door to his, or did I drop something after bumping into him?

While still scrambling between different guesses, my eyes are thrown wide open by the huge figure that emerges into my office. It's Drey, my boyfriend.

"How in the world did you get to my office?" I asked curiously, but this time, less tense.

"Well, when you're a famous and loved cop like me you can get your way past some little security guard". 

Drey said with his whole attention totally focused on my boobs that were bulging out of the crop top I had on. I couldn't help but smile like a 12-year-old girl. 

 "You can get past the security with your clinky old badge but that can't get you into my office, officer". I said to him, placing my two hands on my desk and tilting my head sideways trying to show a little resistance and authority.

"Wowww, clinky old badge, wow." Drey replied with a loud laughter erupting from his chest before moving closer to my desk and also placing his two hands on the desk and tilting his head; copying my earlier move. "you really that jealous, huh?"