DISCHARGED!

Betty's POV:

After waiting several minutes, the nurse finally cleared me to be discharged from the hospital the next day. I was happy that I was leaving so soon but a part of me still felt undone. I didn't want to spend another minute on this sick bed, not to mention a whole night.

"Alright Bet, try to get some rest and we'll come to get you tomorrow morning". Carol said placing her left arm over my shoulder.

"Really?" I asked, filled with dismay.

"Yeah Bet. We know how much you hate it here so we'll be back early tomorrow to pick you up".

"First thing tomorrow morning, I promise". Lucy added

"Yes darling, just hold on to your teddy bear and it'll be morning before you know it." Said Jasmine.

"Jasmine!..." Carol and Lucy screamed.

"Oh, Mr. Teddy isn't here with you. Sorry... I can go get him for you if you want though".

"No, thanks". I said as I sneered at her.

"Alright, but who names a Teddy bear Mr. Teddy, Bet?"

"Jasmine let's be going, quick, outside, we have a long drive to embark on," Lucy said driving Jasmine away as they all left.

Jasmine my lovely trouble maker was finally gone but that leaves me alone staring at every corner of this old, weird-smelling room. Is there a flood of antiseptic on the floor? I wondered as I sat up to look at the floor around my bed. I couldn't even see any liquid on the floor.

The smell was even getting stronger and more captivating, for a moment I was beginning to doubt if I was non-asthmatic, I immediately ran into the restroom clipping my nose with two fingers to shut any pathway in for this erotic smell that is on the verge of making me lose my mind.

I was finally able to haul my face with water using my two hands as a carrier from the tap on the sink. Two more times I repeated the process hoping this new disturbance had come to an end. But also, the refreshing feeling of water on my face after two weeks was exhilarating. I didn't want it to stop but my weary hands had other plans so I had to come to halt.

Pulling up my head to stare at the mirror positioned in front of me right above the sink. What...?

I couldn't recognize myself for a moment. I felt like a bird that had been driven out of its nest. My hair was looking like an over-used old toothbrush. Absolutely messed up!

"Christ, Bet". I said to myself pulling up a portion of my hair.

"This is crazy," I said leaving the restroom to return to my bed. But suddenly, I hear a resounding loud horn in my head sending me down to the ground, reaching for my ears to shut them.

It finally came to an end, but I wasn't going to act like I didn't know what these symptoms meant though I hope I was wrong.

I dropped dead on my bed and reached out for my pillow. I instantly shut my ears with it, face down on the bed, eyes closed, and opened them to see myself with my pillow and blanket on the floor.

It's morning already, and I can tell by the giant image of the yellowish-red sun rising from my view through the windows and the screaming bird sounds kicking at my eardrums. My face was all swollen. "That was one hell of a sleep", I said breathing heavily.

Putting the bed and its fellow linen-made materials in place, I immediately went to the bathroom to get a warm shower, it was my exit day from the hospital.

Exiting the bathroom, there was Henry, standing next to my sick bed and smiling at me.

"Good morning, Angel of the moon".

Still feeling very surprised, I was glad I had tied a towel around my chest before leaving the bathroom.

"Good morning Prince of the moon," I said sarcastically, trying to return his compliment.

He chuckled. "How was your night?"

"Very calm and gentle, I slept like a newborn baby, thanks for asking".

"The nurse said you could leave now, so you're ready so I can take you home?"

I can't tell why but I kept laughing after he said that.

"What?" He asked looking a bit amused

"Don't worry sir, thank you but my cousins are coming to pick me up soon". I said folding my hands on my chest, still standing with my towel and bits of water dripping from my hair to the floor.

"Oh. Since they're not here yet I could still give you a ride, yeah?"

"Thanks but I'm good."

"You sure?" He said walking closer to me. My legs were beginning to jerk. I was suddenly gasping for air and I was getting this weird feeling in my stomach as he drew closer.

I took a deep breath. "Yes, I can wait".

"Okay, but can I get your number?" He said in a calm voice. "Just so I can be sure you get home safely and you can call me if you need anything."

He gently raised my chin. I was looking up into his blue eyes. I'm just noticing he has blue eyes, wow, they're so charming. I was already dripping sweat despite just taking a bath.

"Your phone..." These words slightly escaped my lips just when it seemed I was completely drowning in this new feeling which drew me into some sort of trance.

With the way he smoothly pulled out his phone from his pocket, he definitely was in control unlike me, my fingers were already shivering as I input my digits into his iPhone 14 Pro Max.

A cleaner using this type of phone...hmm, I sense mystery.

Immediately after he left, I received a text from my cousins that they won't be able to make it to the hospital until later in the day.

F**k it! I'm not waiting another hour in this junkyard, I immediately reached for my phone to call for a ride. Or wait, should I call Henry? Oh no, that would make Drey; my boyfriend, go mad, I'll just call a ride.

I finally got to my apartment. "hmmm, home sweet home", I screamed as I crashed onto my poofy, soft bed. The fresh scent of...of honey and nectarine blossom fragrance. "Hmmm", I inhaled loudly.

I live in a modern day well-furnished apartment. I had most of the things you'll find in an average apartment. The wall was painted with a mixture of white and off-white. I have a living room extended to also have space for my dinning table and chairs. My bedroom on the right side and my kitchen on the left side looking from the entrance of the apartment.

And there goes Mr. Teddy," I said pulling my giant white teddy bear and giving it a tight hug. Mr. Teddy was given to me by Drey on my 18th birthday.
Just then I receive a text from Damian...

"Dear Bet, I believe you're home now, getting to be with you yesterday was the best experience I've had in my entire life, I'm sure we'll be seeing soon after you see the most beautiful present ever, hanging on the mirror in your bathroom (followed with a heart and laughing emoji).

I immediately tossed my teddy away and ran towards my bathroom but before I could get there, I heard a knock on the door to my apartment putting me to a sudden halt.

There I stood looking left and right wondering which of the call to respond to first...