TRIANGLE OF TRUTH

"Hmm, I overhead the cop when he received the call from the nurse".
Said Damian with a sign of relief, "that was close, he said to himself.

"Okay, alright, thanks for coming to check up on me, even if I was expecting you," Betty said, putting a little smile on her face.

Damian couldn't stop himself from rushing to see the lady of his dreams. He had been trying to locate where she was for days but all to no avail. Seeing her feeling okay gave him warmth relief but he didn't seem surprised at all.

"So how's work?" Betty asked as she took a bite from the creamy pack of chocolate Damian had brought her.

"Work! yeah," he said, exhaling loudly afterwards.

"About that, I've been filling in for you during your absence. I had to cover more grounds these few weeks but it's fine."

"Really? And how is that going so far?"

"I mean carrying out my tasks".

Smiling profoundly, Damian explained how he has always wanted to be the one appearing in the TV reports and news flashes rather than being in the background which few people gave any concern about.

"To be honest, It's feels like I'm finally living my dreams," Damian said with a slight smirk.

"Honestly I'm glad to hear that, I feel we all should have the opportunity to live up to our greatest dreams. Everyone deserves to be happy".

"Except for the bad guys though." Damian said giggling.

"You want some?" Betty said wagging the chocolate at Damian.

"Yeah sure"

"What?" Betty asked as she burst into laughter.

"Why, what?" Damian asked with awe written all over his face.

"I mean most people usually say a 'no' to that question".

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm not like most people. And, most people should learn to say more 'yes' to beautiful and dazzling ladies like you."

Betty was short of words so she kept staring at him in amusement and with a pleasant smile. Admiring both his looks and choice of words, it finally struck her that she had a handsome admirer of her standing right next to her. For someone who only found one man attractive to her all her life, she couldn't understand what she was feeling as she sat there on her sick bed still staring at him, thinking of what to do or say next.

"So you still want to share your chocolate with me?" Damian asked, breaking the waves of silence that had taken full custody of the room.

"Hmm, nope. Go away." She said with a short laugh.

While they were still in the moment, Betty's cousins walked in; Carol, Jasmine, and Lucy. They immediately ran to her, giving her a tight hug.

"Oh, we missed you so, so much," said Carol.

"What happened Bet?" Asked Lucy.

"Hold on, wait, who's the handsome-looking guy Bet?" Jasmine asked swirling her hair sideways and giving Damian an enticing look.

"He's my colleague at work, he came to check up on me," replied Betty.

"hmm, that's so nice, handsome," Jasmine said blinking her eyes several times still trying to flirt with Damian.

"My name's Damian, nice to meet you all".

"Hi Daemi, I'm Jasmine but you can call me Jaz or Mine," she replied with an enticing smile, slowly biting her lips and letting it go."

"Daemi, sorry Damian, this is Carol, Lucy, and Jasmine which you already know. They are my cousins..."

"And her best friends". Said Lucy, putting an end to Betty's speech.

"And closest". Carol said hastily.

Betty and her three cousins have been the closest of friends ever since Betty lost her parents and had to go live with them. They grew fond of each other with every day that passed by.

Carol is the oldest amongst them all, she has a huge sense of fashion, she always loved looking colorful and trying several new designs or styles that would improve her beauty. She had dazzling eyes and a pointed nose with a rather elderly look like an advanced woman even though she was just in her late twenties. She's fond of always putting on a spec which made most people wonder if she had difficulties with her sight. Carol is a Bank manager at Black Diamond bank where she is seen as great value to the company.

Jasmine works as a secretary at a huge company that deals in selling and buying luxurious pieces of jewelry. She's more of a funky lady who loves to have fun but she's not tolerant when it comes to people. She's ready to take on anyone at any time if she felt disrespected or undermined.

Jasmine is the next oldest after Carol, she's also beautiful but not as much as Carol or Betty but her body stature and shape was her key to getting men locked onto her. she had busty boobs up top, and a large booty at the bottom with broad thighs. She could easily attract any man by just walking past him.

Lucy, on the other hand, is the opposite of Jasmine when it came to body shape. She's tall and thin, but very attractive. She's the youngest and her face says it all. She has a cute baby face with her brown finely-toned skin. She owns a small-scale business rendering several beauty services.

"Alright, I'll be taking my leave now, Betty. I'll come to check up on you tomorrow". Damian said as he got up to exit.

Betty thanked him once more for coming to visit her while Jasmine kept admiring him and watching every step he took till he left the room.

"Are you done? we thought you were going to leave with him."

"Let me be, Carol".

"We thought we had lost you from the Triangle Of Truth, I mean we've practically been searching for you almost everywhere," Jasmine said to Betty

"The triangle of truth?" Asked Lucy as she glanced at Jasmine, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah T.O.T, I mean all of us when we come together we all tell ourselves the truth right and we're like bonded, you know..."

"Triangle? We're four Jaz, that doesn't make sense?" Lucy mentioned.

"I mean it sounds nice right?"

"Yeah I must agree, the name is giving," Carol said as she chuckled at Jasmine.

"Yeah it's giving girl," said Jasmine as she gave Carol a high five.

"And whoever is summoned to speak the truth amongst us would be right in the middle of the triangle so we can go with the name then, right?" Betty asked.

"Girl I'm down with it already". Carol said excitingly.

"Yeah, whatever," Lucy said rolling her eyeballs in dismay.

"So what's up with you and Justin Bieber? Are you both dating? Jasmine asked smiling at Betty awkwardly and raising her let eyebrow twice.

"hmm, Yeah, tell us Bet," Lucy said excitingly.

"Justin who?... Oh, wait you mean Damian. Of course we're not dating! I barely even know him."

"But he's your colleague at work, right?"

"Yes, he is...".

"Good so now you have enough time to get to know him and bring him to your place." Jasmine said, still smiling awkwardly at Betty.

"I'm only in love with one man and you all know who that is," Betty said raising her voice in excitement.

"Whatever!" Her cousins all exclaimed.

While Damian was leaving the hospital he saw Henry standing in the corridor waiting for him surprisingly.

"How long do you think you can hide it from her? You scum bag."
Henry said with his face filled with agonizing rage.