𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐑

third person pov

' and if I only could,
I'd make a deal with God
and I'd get him swap our places '

It had been weeks since Sirius Black broke into the castle. Walburga was wishing to sue the school, Rose and Draco returned to their usual bickering, and Gryffindor got a new portrait. A terrible egotistical knight who seemed extremely off his rocker, scaring the first years to death with his theatrics.

In Professor Lupin's class, defense against the dark arts, Rose sat next to Goyle with her head barely staying up. Theo was in the same condition, slumped over with his face in a palm behind them and next to Blaise.

The full moon was last night, meaning Whitman was in the hospital wing. Not only that, Rose and Theo had spent all night outside the steel door of the basement Dumbledore let them use for his transformations.

Transformations were always difficult for Whitman with obvious reasons, but his friends too. Rose, Draco, Theo, and Blaise were the only to know of his condition.

Draco and Theo usually took turns helping Rose with him on the full moon. They consistently attempted to convince her to let them handle it so she could rest but she could never agree without threatening to stab them at the absurd idea. Whitman might've been the most level headed one and could definitely take care of himself, but Rose never let him go through a full moon without her since they were ten.

She felt a sense of duty to Whitman, even with Walburga and Orion who was once alive, it felt like it was only them.

Whitman's lycanthropy started at the age of nine when Fenir Greyback was at the Rosier manor, bringing the grandparents a dark artifact he found amongst the wolves. It happened on the night of a full moon and Greyback left late after a long discussion. As he exited the house he spotted Whitman swinging by the manors lake and in the most disgusting way, Greyback bit him.

It was known fact that Fenir Greyback targeted children.

Whitman's family blamed him, claiming he shouldn't have been out so late and tortured him physically, mentally over 'ruining' their family line.

He still blamed himself despite others telling him different and he did feel like a failure, a disgusting beast no one knew of.

But the Rosier's were wrong.

They should have never had a werewolf known for attacking children at their manor.

It only took two full moons until Whitman was shunned from his family, only being spoken when they wished to yell or bash him mercilessly. His friends tried to help in anyway but they were only nine too and keeping his secret like their life depended on it.

At the age of eleven Whitman began staying at Grimmauld place on full moons, Orion had been informed of his condition by Rose before they told Walburga who held such prejudice but nevertheless brushed it off as a out of sight out of mind thing and took her 'relaxing pills' to act blind on the nights it happened. He would use the deep and grungy basement there, Theo and Draco would come and sit outside of it with Rose. They held eachother when hearing his yells and screams, all they had was one another.

It was awfully painful to know someone you loved was cursed turning into something they hated for their rest of their lives.

There wasn't a single thing anyone could do about it either, not even the darkest or most powerful forms of magic could change his fate.

Whitman Rosier had been condemned for eternity from the age of nine.

Upon turning twelve his friends realized there was potion called Wolfsbane, one that could help him keep his conscious mind while in werewolf form. It was a exceedingly expensive potion, but they all came from wealthy families who didn't pay attention to their children.