VALENTINES SPECCCCIIIALLLLL: PROJECT YELLOW SNOW

Modern AU

Idk Lan Jingyi's birth name, and unfortunately the novel  doesn't mention it or any of the media. So lets just all agree his birth name is Lan Yi, K???

Lan Jingyi

"Sizhui do you mind helping me with this?" Jingyi asked, struggling to lift a box.

However it seemed as if his roommate didn't hear him or just pretended not to. Jingyi glanced behind him seeing Sizhui staring glassy eyed outside their window. His elbow leaning against the countertop.

Although Sizhui was clearly in turmoil Jingyi aptly decided to ignore that and called even louder.

"HELLLOOO??? EARTH TO LAN YUAN??? YOUR GRACIOUS, HANDSOME, HELPFUL ROOMMATE IS IN NEED OF HELP????" Jingyi practically screamed his head off in order to catch the attention of his dumbstruck best friend.

"Ah! Jingyi don't yell like that- my eardrums! Clamour is prohibited!" Sizhui scolded. Jingyi giggled and then immediately groaned looking at the boxes.

Sizhui came over and grabbed the other side of cargo. They both lifted and hauled it up on their dinner counter.

"Anyway why do we needa do so much for this party? It's barely a party anyway, more like a family gathering," Jingyi asked rubbing his back like an old man.

Sizhui ignored him curtly, as a sort of revenge, and rummaged inside the box.

Out came a few party streamers, plastic bags of confetti, and those little strings with flags attached to then. After a second or two Jingyi realized that he wouldn't respond and gave him a nudge.

"Ahem.. yknow how A-Niang and Professor Jiang are not on very good terms..?" Sizhui said carefully. "The new student, Jin Rulan, is invited and bringing his uncle over, which is Professor Jiang. I want them both to get along and the atmosphere helps with that.."

Jin Rulan.. Jin Rulan Jingyi thought. He honestly didn't pay any attention to freshmen in Cloud College, there were so many every year anyway.

Sizhui sensed that Jingyi was confused and sighed quietly.

"The one you called "spoiled brat" the time we were touring classes with Wei Wuxian and Hanguang-jun?" He deadpanned, beginning to hang the decor around their rented house.

A light bulb dinged in Jingyi's head.

"OOOOHHHH! That mean girl, Regina George, rich kid! YEAhh-" He was cut off by a smiling face that could kill.

Jingyi backed off and fished out a confetti popper from the box. Amused he tugged on the small string at the tip of the tiny cone.

A bunch of shredded paper pieces flung out all dancing in the air, eventually landing on the ground. Jingyi peeked at Sizhui, he nodded and approved of the colourful mess Jingyi unleashed on their house.

Jingyi noticed white and yellow confetti on the floor, almost touching. A realization dawn on his admittedly small brain.

HE WANTS TO IMPRESS JIN LING!!!  He gasped quietly.

Despite his little reaction being extremely unnoticeable it couldn't fool his roommates mom senses.

"Something wrong? Is it too much?" Sizhui presented a very very over the top kitchen.

Streamers everywhere, balloons on the ground, and to tie it together a big " P A R T Y " sign on the upper cupboards.

Jingyi could help but cringe at Sizhui's lack of taste.