The Haunting in the rain

Dedicated to weird_poet005, who might be presently trekking off into wilderness (do give your reviews on your return)

" Kathy!" Ira shrieked as she entered my room.

The floor shook and the glass paper weight wobbled precariously before falling on the floor. I dropped my book and stared at her agape.

"What is it? An earthquake?!" I shouted as I ran towards the door.

" What?" She stared at me, confused for a second before finally saying, "No!"

" Huh? Then why was the floor shaking?"

" Oh! I was jumping because I was so excited!" Ira grinned like she had just won a lottery and I glared at her.

" What is it?" I asked annoyed.

" It is about RJ V!" Another grin.

" What about him?" I acted all nonchalant but my stomach was currently doing ballet.

" I found his official profile."

I raised an eyebrow at her, " Really? You do know that I have been stalking him for two years and any sign of his genuine official site- Nada!"

" I know this one is genuine, little sister. See this", she said pointing to the screen of her laptop which she had previously placed on my bed, " is the newly opened site of the radio channel and this", she clicked on an icon, " is the list of the profiles of their RJs with their photos."

A quietness ensued. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale... yes, don't forget to breathe Kathy.

" So you mean that we can finally see him."

" Yes!" She laughed and turned to me, " I haven't seen his picture yet because I thought that you should be the one to look at him first."

" Stop your mushy nothingness, Ira." I blew a raspberry at her and quickly clicked at the name- RJ V.

" Mom was right after all- still a child." She was muttering under her breath.

" Now there, Ira, don't start talking to your own-self or I'd be tempted to drive you to a psychiatry ward."

Ira just glared at me.

" Awww.. sis, you are so sweet." I tried to hug her but she pushed me away.

Laughing I turned to glance at the screen but the bubbling laughter died down in my throat. A page had opened up with the words- 'I am the voice of your nights.' and a photograph was being loaded.

Everything was finally going to make sense, I can finally know that who is this enigmatic RJ, was he someone I knew or not?

I waited. Inhale. Exhale. Keep breathing. Up till now only those raven hair were visible- slightly disheveled and utterly appealing.

Half a minutes later, Ira noisily cleared her throat, "Okay. So this is him."

I did not give much reaction either. He did not look like a monkey, nor did he look like a superman, actually he did not look much like anything- just a tall shadow leaning in a dark corner of an otherwise illuminated room. His face was not visible, just a the dark silhouette of his muscular arms against the paler backdrop.

" At least now we know that he is tall and probably works out." I informed Ira.

She laughed, "Oh geez! Don't we just know a lot about him", her sarcasm soon died down, "We can't expect the radio channel to make his identity public after all. It is his whole air of secrecy that draws in his viewers."