Chapter 22: The Final Battle - Part 3

Chapter 21: The Final Battle - Part 3

It was Villanelle.

"I got you!" she grunted as she pulled Martin up.

"...thank you," Martin said in gratitude after a moment of silence.

"You're welcome," she replied with a small smile. "I know you hate me, but are we good for right now?"

"...for now. Yes."

"Great. Your son's safe. I know where he is."

Villanelle then lead Martin to where Nate was, and the second he saw his son, the second-

"Son!" Martin cried happily.

"Dad!" Nate cried back and the two hugged as if there was no tomorrow. Then Martin pulled back for a second and looked at his son and asked:

"Are you alright?"

"Yes." Nate replied.

"Good...then WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" Martin responded back in outrage giving the hairy eyeball to Nate. "Surrendering to terrorists when I told you NOT to leave!? You gave me a jumpscare!"

"Quite the huge jumpscare I'm assuming," Teddy cracked a joke on this moment. But Francis responded with a flick to Teddy's ear. "Sorry."

"So what are we doing here?" Martin asked, looking around to see flooring of sorts.

"Time travel," Holden replied. "The PS 38 massacure wasn't meant to happen so we are going to erase it from the timeline."

"And Gina's madness?"

"Can't change that one. It's an absolute point in our timestream."

"And if we undid that..."

"We end this universe for good."

Nate and Randy laid down on the table, preparing to transported, Holden laid out the rules.

"1. Don't change ANYTHING else except for the ordered, 2. Don't kill anybody that will end future existence for anybody else. 3. Don't step on any bugs or kill plants that will hurt the future timeline."

Nate and Randy were confused.

"...if you read 'The Sound of Thunder,' you'll know what I mean," Holden explained.

"Oooooohhhhhh," Nate and Randy understood now.

"Are you ready?" Holden asked.

Nate was on shaky ground at the moment, giving how Gina will stop at nothing to kill him, his part or no, likewise Randy for not stopping Gina or Nate sooner.

"If we don't make it out, thanks for everything," Nate responded.

Eve and Villanelle nodded sadly.

Martin, Ellen and Ruby were close to tears.

Francis, Teddy, Artur, Jenny, Breckenridge, Maya, Carl looked on in sympathy.

Dee Dee broke out in her dramatic moment again.

...and Chad's stomach growled loudly.

"Okay, here goes. Quick side note: It will be a little painful too," Holden commenced the time travel, and of course, Nate and Randy felt some pain as their minds are being transported back in time...

"So... how was practice?" Nate asked his friends.

"Practice was fun," Francis replied.

Dee Dee cleared her throat and said with a warm smile: "Speaking of practice, I got news for you. It's a surprise. Ruby and I had a little talk after practice...and just as I thought, she likes you. She said you're nice, she loves your sense of humor, she thinks you're cute, she even loves your hair!"