Chapter 12: Reunions and Gina's building scheme

It had been a month since Nate started school. He had gotten quite well with everyone else, and with the help of Rebecca, Samuel, and Daniel, Nate had got quite a chunk of new friends.

But the only thing missing was Nate's old friends.

"Hey Nate, you okay, bro?" Daniel asked.

Nate snapped out of his thoughts about his friends and answered DJ's question.

"I'm okay," he said.

"You sure?"

"...I just miss my friends, that's all."

Samuel noticed.

"Dang... missing your friends isn't easy at all, is it?" Samuel said sadly.

Nate nodded.

"Do you have social media to communicate them with?"

"Not really."

"I think I might have just the thing. I got a Webcam account at home that might help if one of your friends has one."

Nate perked up and quickly tagged suit.

"Yeah! One of my friends have one," Nate said.

So the trio headed to Samuel's house and was greeted by Samuel's mom (who has beautiful red hair) and headed to Samuel's room where Samuel got on his computer and asked for one of Nate's friends' contacts and Nate told Francis' account and typed it in and after a few failed attempts, Francis finally picked up contact.

"Look, I don't know WHY you keep calling me, so you better- NATE? Is that you?" Francis asked in surprise.

Through my new friend's Webcam, yes," Nate replied with a smile.

"Guys! Guys, it's Nate on Webcam, you guys!" Francis calls for his friends, and before you knew it, Francis' room was FLOODED with Nate's old friends, including but not limited to, Francis, Teddy, Chad, Randy, Artur, Jenny, and Dee Dee.

And it was like the first time, in a LONG TIME, Nate is finally having a reunion for the first time in history.

And Nate talked quite a whole lot to his old friends and introduced them to his new friends and when Nate introduced Dee Dee to Samuel, she immediately began falling for the redhead, and he was so incredibly handsome! And Francis had to get Dee Dee to focus again quickly got back to reality and was blushing for awhile.

Soon, Nate headed home for dinner. When he got home, he saw someone in the living room.

"Who are you?" Nate asks.

"Nate, this is one of my coworkers from work, Laura Diaz," Martin came in and introduced his coworker, who had blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Hi there," Laura said, getting up to greet Nate.

"Ummm...hi?" Nate replied nervously, greeting Laura.

Soon, dinner arrived and Nate was at the dinner table with his family and Laura eating food.

Soon Laura, after talking to Martin for a while, turned her attention to Nate and asked:

"So Nate, how is life for you going?"

"Ummm...great," Nate said.

"Your dad told me everything about you. No one treating you poorly here than in Maine?"

Ellen began to notice Nate looking a wee bit uncomfortable.

"Ummm... can you not talk to him about that, please? He doesn't feel comfortable," Ellen asked Laura to stop.

But unfortunately, Ellen's pleas fell on deaf ears as Laura constantly asked him about what it was like to stand up to Gina, and how he was close to death.

Even Martin began to feel bugged out about this. And just as Nate was about to crack, Martin quickly interrupts and pulls Laura aside.

"You know, I think it is best that you leave now and never come back. How DARE you make my son uncomfortable!" Martin shoots Laura a death glare.

"I was just-" Laura started.

"No! No excuses! Goodbye!" Martin shot back, hustling Laura out. And after making sure she was gone, Martin returns to the dinner table.

"My apologies, Nate. I'll make sure I never hear from that dreadful woman ever again. Don't you worry one bit," Martin apologized to Nate.

"Thanks," Nate replied.

And after finishing dinner, Nate went to his room, drew comics for a little bit, and went to sleep soon after.

"Maybe tomorrow will get better..."

Morning arrived, and it was Friday (Nate's favorite of the week).

As Nate walked to school with his friends, he told them about what happened last night.

"Now THAT was rude of her!" DJ was sickened by the news.

"I heard she is a bully. She can play nice for a while or so, and BAM! She'll bring down the thunderbolt," Samuel chimed in.

"So did your dad take care of her or something?" DJ asked.

Nate nodded.

Rebecca approached the trio and walked with them to school.

"Hey dudes, how's it going?" Rebecca asked.

"Not too good," Nate replied.

"What happened?"

"One of my Dad's coworkers made me uncomfortable last night at dinner, asking me questions like 'How does it feel to defeat Gina?' And 'What was it like to be nearly killed?' Stuff like that," Nate explained.

Everyone stopped dead in their tracks. A terrible silence was among the group.

"Why would she say something like that? Who was it that said that to you?" Rebecca got upset and demanded to know who it was.

"Laura Diaz," Nate replied.

"Oh god, not that dreadful woman!" Rebecca angrily responded back.

"You know her?"

"I do! She's a bully! Someone needs to expose her for what she has done to other people!"

"Yeah, and plus, how does she even know me that well?" Nate asked.

"Dunno, but she sounds like she belongs to an empire or something," DJ responded.

And so it was settled: should Laura get anywhere near Nate and intimidate him, his friends would protect him at all costs.

And after that...

"Come on, guys! We're gonna be late to school," Rebecca said.

And off the group went to school.

Meanwhile, somewhere that no one goes near or visits...

"That's where he is?" Alfred asked Laura on the phone.

"Correct," Laura replied.

"Good. Hold off for now. We are beginning our next phase on our plans for the world."

"Will do."

The conversation ended. Alfred turned to Gina, who is planning her scheme on Nate.

"How's your scheme going?" Alfred asked.

"Well planned out. I'm thinking on whether to make Nate suffer first, or his friends and family suffer first," Gina replied.

"Speaking of, we now have Nate's location."

"Yes! Can't wait to make him suffer!"

"It's on now, Nate! You're are not gonna like what comes next!" Gina thought to herself, with a nasty grin on her face.