|[1]|

It was the summer of '78 and you were watching your brother's baseball game. You were sitting with Gwen, Finney's younger sister making friendship bracelets. Your brother, Jackson played on the same team as Finney Blake. Finney was in your same math class, your brother and him are best friends. It was almost the end of the game and Finney was pitching. The batter was Bruce Yamada. He missed to first two hits. You didn't know who he was. You curiously stared at him, looking him up and down observing all of his features, smiling. He glanced at you and smirked then he looked back at Finney. This was his last chance to hit the ball. Even though he was on the opposite team, you were secretly rooting for him to hit it.

       When Bruce looked back at Finney, he threw the ball. Bruce swung his bat and hit the ball causing a home run. Bruce made it to the last plate and secured the win. You almost jumped in happiness. Bruce looked back up at you and you felt your face heat up. Everyone got off the bleachers to congratulate their kids. Your parents were distracted by Jackson, so you wandered away. You saw Bruce congratulating Finney before he started walking towards your direction.

"Hey I saw you staring at me during the game. My name's Bruce, what's yours?", Bruce smiled while staring into your eyes.

You felt your face begin to heat up again, you shook your head and smiled back.
"Y/n, pleasure to meet you Bruce!", you said while extending your hand for a handshake.

Bruce looked at your hand, bent down and kiss it.  His thumb rubbing your wrist and toying with your bracelet
"What a lovely name...y/n."

Your face gained brighter pigments, 'this boy was really something else..' you thought to yourself.

"Uhm... thank you..Bruce.." ,you said while your face was still brighter and your smile was wider.

"No problem gorgeous, I got to go now! I hope to see you again. And maybe you can make me a bracelet too!" ,he replied while winking at you.

You were left utterly speechless at this point. Your family had caught up to you and were standing behind you.

"I hope to see you again too.." ,you finally whispered as he jogged to his bike.

"Why were you talking to Yamada. He's on the other team!" ,your brother said angrily. He was still upset about the lose of the game.

"Y/n was just being friendly!" ,your father had said to him.

"Yeah.." you had replied still processing what he said. You were still looking at your hand.

"Alright everyone let's go home now, I'll make lunch!" Your mother had said.

"Alright!" Your brother quickly changed his emotion.

Everyone headed home. You got home, took off your shoes and went straight to your room. You took out your diary and started to document what had happened between you and Bruce. After everything was documented, you closed your diary and began working on your friendship bracelets. You were going to make one for Bruce.

The end for now!!! Sorry I stopped updating everything else but...Bruce deserves more attention and love ❤️ I know tbp was released awhile ago but I still can't get over him!!!

I hope you enjoyed!