Chapter 2 - Meeting and Mission

After a 100 LMD taxi ride to my apartment building, I was thoroughly blown away by the city I woke up in. The domineering bright towers and loud traffic were strangely pleasant. If only knowledge of Lungmen, as the taxi driver introduced, was included in the list of things I remembered.

Putting the beautiful skyscraper aside, I walked into the apartment building. At the entrance was a rotating glass door, and the lounge was larger than an olympic swimming pool, damn. Anyways, I proceeded to wait in line and asked the receptionist where the room listed on my ID was.

An elevator ride later, I made it to my apartment. After I ensured the doors to my very luxurious  apartment were locked, I utilised my primal instincts and collapsed onto my bed. It was soft and fluffy. The cool fabric magically washed away a layer of fatigue from me. I wanted to sleep again, ignoring the fact that I slept for who knows how long in that alleyway.

"I should probably take a shower," I muttered, barely able to lift my body from the magnet bed that was attracting me. The fatigue was enough to distract me from the stench of my jacket on the ground.

Instead of going straight to the shower, I pulled out my phone and checked up on the mysterious groupchat. To summarise everything, they found out that we were from different worlds. After that, it was a general discussion about each other's worlds. Rimuru had magic and monsters, Zhongli had wine(?) and Jinwoo had an alien invasion. Pretty neat if I do say so myself.

Once I caught up with everything, I turned off my phone and rolled over the bed. I'm starting to see a trend in my behaviour here...

I stopped my thoughts for a moment to stare at the ceiling in a daze for what seemed like an eternity. It was quite a chaotic day, or rather it hasn't even been an hour yet since I woke up in alleyway.

I'm scared for what is to come now... 

Plus, waking up in an alleyway in the middle of the night with amnesia isn't normal, to say the least.

I checked my phone one last time before I decided to shower. Procrastination is a bitch.

[System: All members will be meeting up in @Clu 's world in 20 minutes]

[Jinwoo: How will this work? Will a gate appear to transport us?]

[Zhongli: Interesting, the ability to travel to a different world. The force that gathered us here must be powerful]

[Rimuru: Wait, can this be used to travel back to my old world??]

I secretly cursed the system as I saw the announcement. Although reluctant, I needed to change my clothes and shower. It would be very awkward to greet some guests in clothes covered with the special urban alleyway blend of trash.

Once I took a hot shower for a little too long, I decided to wear shorts combined with a hoodie. A comfortable and informal mix. Since it's my apartment, it shouldn't matter too much what I wear unless it reeks of sewer water.

I pulled out my phone and saw the countdown reach zero just as I finished preparations.

I looked away from the phone for a moment, and a THE SUN ENVELOPED THE ROOM.

"Fuck, flashbang." I silently shouted. After a little bit of recovery from the sudden appearance of the fucking sun in my room, I saw three figures in front of me.

A tall man wearing a formal suit, another man wearing a hospital gown, and a... girl? I wasn't sure-

"Hey! My name's Rimuru, and I'm a guy by the way." Rimuru waved, confirming the mystery of his gender.

"My name is Zhongli, consultant of Wangsheng funeral parlor. It is nice to meet you all." The tall man, Zhongli, went next and introduced himself.

"I'm Sung Jinwoo, and um, I'm a hunter. Don't mind the hospital gown. I was just in hospital after an... accident." Jinwoo was the last to introduce himself, nervously scratching the back of his head as he looked around the room. Nobody questioned the hospital gown.

After I sensed it was my turn, I introduced myself, "I'm Clukay, an amnesiac. Only remembered my name because I had my ID on me." I sighed, taking a seat on a nearby sofa that faced the window. The view of Lungmen from my apartment was quite spectacular.

As I turned back, I saw that my guests were also in awe. I felt a strange sense of patriotism, but I shrugged it off as I took a sip of a nearby cup of coffee I brewed earlier. Haha, I won't sleep tonight if I drink coffee now but who cares.

Zhongli and Jinwoo took a seat on the other sofas to enjoy the view whilst Rimuru hopped on the computer in the living room to browse the internet after asking for permission.

"By the way, are you an angel, Clukay?" I almost spat out my coffee due to Jinwoo's sudden question. It was a strange reaction since my race shouldn't be too surprising to me. I suppose amnesia does take its toll.

I had noticed my strange racial features earlier in the bathroom, but due to being in a rush, I shrugged it off. Now confronted with this question, I searched my head for an answer.

"You don't have to answer if you don't feel like it." Jinwoo comforted, but I shook my head. In all likelihood, I'm probably not related to angels from mythology.

"No, it's alright. My ID says my race is Sankta, so I'd assume it's different from angels." I said, taking another sip of coffee. Now that I think about it, how do I know what angels were? There were too many questions to try and answer with my amnesia.

"Do you perhaps have Osmanthus wine? I'm willing to pay if you accept Mora." Zhongli asked after he realised he had drank air from an air cup as he was enjoying the view.

"Not sure, have a check for yourself. No need to pay." I replied as I slumped back onto the sofa. Despite the caffeine intake, the softness of the sofa was just right for a short snooze. However, something was preventing me from returning to sleep.

Before I could figure out the source of the discomfort, I felt a vibration. I looked around the room and saw everyone pulling out their phones. Naturally, I followed along and pulled out my phone, and opened up the groupchat expecting a system announcement.

[System: (Mandatory Quest) (1/2)

Quest details: Establish a legal business in Lungmen

Quest Reward: Groupchat upgrade

Quest Failure: Removal of Groupchat, Potential death of members

Time limit: 12:00:00:00

]

Alright, a quest. It seemed fine and all, and I would naturally reject the quest from the shady system if it wasn't for the fact that I had no way to gain an income combined with the worrisome failure penalty. It didn't even say who would die, so it was an eerily dreadful mystery.

I looked up from my phone and saw Rimuru and Jinwoo naturally panicking. However, Zhongli only raised an eyebrow before sipping some cheap wine he took from the fridge.

I could feel another headache from this already. Stuck with strangers, forced into a death game, and I have amnesia to top it all off for the day. With nothing else to lose, I immediately took the wine bottle from Zhongli, chugged the entire thing, and collapsed on my bed.

"Everything... Dream~" I muttered before I blacked out. A peaceful(?) end to the chaotic day at 3 am.