Chapter 6

[Scene changes to Ego's planet]

Quill: My mother told everyone my father was from the stars. She had brain cancer, so everyone thought she was delusional.

Ego: Peter...

Quill: Listen, I'd love to believe all of this, I really would. But you left... the most wonderful woman ever... to die alone.

Ego: I didn't want to leave your mother, Peter. If I don't return regularly to my planet... and the light within it... this form will wither and perish.

Quill: So why didn't you come back? Why did you send Yondu? A criminal, of all people, to come and fetch me?

Ego: I loved your mother, Peter! I couldn't stand to set foot on an Earth... where she wasn't living! You can't imagine what that's like!

Quill: I know exactly what that feels like! I had to watch her die!

Ego: Over the millions and millions of years of my existence... I've made many mistakes, Peter. But you're not one of them. Please give me the chance to be the father she would want me to be. There's so much that I need to teach you about this planet... and the light within. They are a part of you, Peter.
Quill: What do you mean?

Ego: Give me your hands, son. Here. Hold them like that. Now, close your eyes and concentrate. Take your brain to the center of this planet. Yes!
Quill: Whoa!

Ego: Yes! It's okay. Just relax. Concentrate. You can do it. Bring it back. Yes! Yes, now shape it. Feel that energy. Yes. You're home. Peter...
Drax: How did you get to this weird, dumb planet?
Mantis: Ego found me in my larva state. Orphaned on my homeworld. He raised me by hand, and kept me as his own.
Drax: So you're a pet?
Mantis: I suppose.

Drax: People usually want cute pets. Why would Ego want such a hideous one?
Amanda:Drax!
Mantis: I am hideous?
Drax: You are horrifying to look at. Yes. But that's a good thing.
Mantis: Oh?
Amanda:Oh my gosh, Drax.
Drax: When you're ugly, and someone loves you... you know they love you for who you are. Beautiful people never know who to trust.
Mantis: Well, then I'm certainly grateful to be ugly.
Drax: Those pools, they remind me of a time... when I took my daughter to the forgotten lakes of my homeworld. She was like you.And Amanda.
Mantis: Disgusting?
Drax: Innocent.
Amanda:Yeah.
Mantis: Drax? Amanda? There's something I must tell you.
Amanda:What is it, Mantis?
[Before she can tell him, Gamora walks through the doors with a suspicious look on her face.]
Amanda:Hi, Gamora.
Gamora: What's going on?
Drax: This gross bug lady is our new friend.
Mantis: I'm learning many things, like I'm a pet and ugly.
Gamora: You're not ugly. Drax!
Drax: What are you talking about?
Amanda:I told you, Drax.
Gamora: [to Mantis] Mantis... can you show us where we'll be staying? Why are there no other beings on this planet?
Mantis: The planet is Ego. A dog would not invite a flea to live on his back.

Gamora: And you're not a flea?
Mantis: I'm a flea with a purpose. I help him sleep.
Amanda:Oh.That makes sense.
Gamora: What were you about to say to Drax and Amanda before I walked out?
Mantis: Nothing. Your quarters are this way.

[Meanwhile with Yondu and Rocket]
Taserface: We deliver you to the Kree in the morning. Neither one of you will last much longer after that.
Rocket: Okay, Taserface. Hey, tell the other guys we said... "Hi," Taserface!

(SIGHS)
Gef: What about this little plant? Can I smash it with a rock?
Taserface: No, Gef. It's too adorable to kill. Take it to the tailor.
Rocket: No offense, but your employees are a bunch of jerks.

Yondu: I was a Kree battle slave for 20 years when Stakar freed me. He offered me a place with the Ravagers. He said all I needed to do was adhere to the code. But I was young... and greedy, and stupid. Like you stealing those batteries.

Rocket: That was mostly Drax.

Yondu: Me and Stakar and the other captains... we weren't so different from you and your friends. The only family I ever had. When I broke the code... they exiled me. This is what I deserve.

Rocket: Slow down, drama queen. You might deserve this, but I don't. We gotta get outta here.

Yondu: Where's Quill?
Rocket: He went off with his old man.
Yondu: Ego?
Rocket: Yeah. It's a day for dumbass names. (CHUCKLES) You're smiling. And for a second, I got a warm feeling. But then it was ruined by those disgusting-ass teeth.

Yondu: You like a professional asshole or what?
Rocket: Pretty much a pro. Why didn't you deliver Quill to Ego like you promised?

Yondu: He was skinny. Could fit into places we couldn't. Good for thievin'.

Rocket: Uh-huh.

Yondu: I got an idea on how to get outta here. But we're gonna need your little friend.

ALL: (CHANTING) Mascot, mascot, mascot...

(CHANTING CONTINUES)
Ravenger#1:Little fellow's all worked up! He needs a drink!

(COUGHING)
Ravenger#3:Look how cute it is when it's all riled up.
Ravenger#2:It's goddang precious!

(ALL LAUGHING)
(GRUNTING)
(LAUGHTER CONTINUES)

Yondu: Psst! Hey, twig! Come here. Come on.
Rocket: Aw, man... what did they do to you?
Yondu: Hey, you wanna help us get outta here? There's something I need you to get, and bring back to me. In the captain's quarters, there's a prototype fin... the thing I wore on my head. There's a drawer next to the bunk. It's in that. It's red. You got it?

(RAVAGERS SNORING)
(GROOT COMES BACK WITH UNDERWEAR)

Yondu: That's my underwears.
Rocket: Yeah, I was pretty sure he didn't know what you were talkin' about. You have to explain it more careful.
Yondu: It's a prototype fin.

(SCREECHING)

Rocket: That's an orloni. It's a fin, Groot.
Yondu: You explain it this time.
Rocket: All right.
Yondu: That's Vorker's eye. He takes it out when he sleeps. Go. Look again.
Rocket: But leave the eye here.
Yondu: Why?
Rocket: He's gonna wake up tomorrow... and he's not gonna know... where his eye is! (LAUGHING)
(GROOT RETURNS WITH A DESK)
Rocket: That's a desk. We told you it was this big.
(GROOT RETURNS WITH A TOE)

Rocket: Tell me you guys have a refrigerator somewhere... with a bunch of severed human toes. (YONDU SHAKES HIS HEAD NO) Okay. Then let's just agree to never discuss this.

Yondu: The drawer you wanna open has this symbol on it. Okay?

(GROOT HOLDS COIN OVER HEAD)

Yondu: What? No!
Rocket: He thinks you want him to wear it as a hat.
Yondu: That's not what I said!

Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket: He's relieved you don't want him to.
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket: He hates hats.
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket: On anyone, not just himself.

Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket: One minute you think someone has a weird-shaped head... the next minute it's just because you realize part of that head is the hat. That's why you don't like hats?

Yondu: This is an important conversation right now?
(SNORING)
(BURPS)
Kraglin: That ain't it. I didn't mean to do a mutiny. They killed all my friends.
Yondu: Get the third quadrant ready for release.

Rocket: One more thing. You got any clones of Quill's old music on the ship?