Chapter Sixteen

"How did it...How did you do that?"

"I put a spell on it so no one would find the real house unless I wanted them to." They entered the castle, walking down its long and seemingly endless corridors. Finally, Aurora opened a large brass door and went inside one of the rooms. Covering the entirety of the walls were weapons and armor. There were even cases in the center displaying items. "If you think you need anything, feel free to take it." Aurora grabbed a bow off of one of the walls and hung it over her shoulder and across her chest.

"I thought you already had a bow back at the tavern." Aurora laughed.

"Well I do but that was from when I was a kid. I need one with a little bit more power now."

"Meliodas bought you a bow?"

"Nope. I made it myself, don't tell him. He thinks I got it years after the war."

"He didn't want you learning how to fight?"

"Nope. He didn't want me to have to worry about it after all that had happened. Unfortunately for him, he chose the worst person to try and shelter saying as everyone was trying to either kill or kidnap me." Aurora grabbed a few daggers off a table and put them in her boot. "Alright, let's move." They left the armory and started down the hall again. After a few moments, Aurora opened a set of double doors, revealing a room in disarray. Shoes and clothes were all over the place. Books also filled the room, some stacked in a messy pile while others just lay open on the floor. Ban picked up a book from the ground and put it on the bookshelf. "That'll take all day, come stand by me." Ban did as he was told with a skeptical look. Aurora closed her eyes and focused on everything in its correct spot. Everything that was out of place, began flying back into place.

"Woah. How did you do that?"

"You've seen me use magic for years but you're amazed by a simple cleaning spell?"

"I guess I am."

"I never got a chance to come back and clean. I was running late to the thing fifteen years ago and figured I could clean up that night. Little did I know I would be drowning in the ocean instead then placed in a block of ice."

"It's weird how that works, isn't it? How differently a day can go from how you planned?"

"You have no idea."

"Aurora, I've been meaning to tell you something. I'm-"

"Leaving, yeah I know." Aurora turned and they left the room, walking back towards the front door of the castle.

"How did you-"

"It just makes sense. After trying to kill Meliodas to bring Elaine back and then the fighting festival for the same reason, it just makes sense."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"It's fine, at least you told me."

"Come with me."

"What?"

"Come with me. I don't want to go without you and realistically, I'll have a lot more luck with you by my side." Aurora laughed then realized there was no humor on his face.

"Oh. You're not joking. I'm sorry but I have things I have to do here, Ban. I know right now it doesn't seem like it but a war is about to break out. It could be weeks or months but it could also be hours. If we're going to have any chance of winning it, Meliodas and I need to stay together. Otherwise, when the demons attack, we'll be at a severe disadvantage."

"But what if something happens? If you died, I would never know."

"Good thing I'm immortal and cursed to remain that way."