x. competition

***
instagram

sophadiaz: when in 🇩🇰, eat 🇩🇰 pastriestagged: siramartinezc, paulabatet, clarissaadiaz 📍 Copenhagen, Denmark

tagged: siramartinezc, paulabatet, clarissaadiaz
📍 Copenhagen, Denmark

liked by pedri, katherineadams,
giodelucaaa, pauttorres and others

***

"Who is Toad and why do they keep shell-bombing me?"

"That's Dani."

"No, it's Eric."

"Eric is Luigi, dumbass."

"Eric is not Luigi," Eric Garçia answers for himself. "Nor Toad. Eric is Donkey Kong."

"Then who is Toad?" Sophia reiterates her question, eyes trained on her Nintendo Switch screen, steering her way through the tracks in the chosen Mario Kart circuit. They were currently in an airport lounge — no longer that of the San Pablo airport in Sevilla, but now in the Malpensa airport of Milan. They'd stopped over in Milan for a couple of hours after the first flight, Sophia now in a circle playing Mario Kart with Sira, Pacho and a few other footballers. Turns out a lot of older people had Nintendo Switch consoles now. And Mario Kart.

(Rightfully so.)

"Me," says Dani Olmo, with a mischievous smile.

"I was right!" José Gayá exclaims triumphantly without taking his eyes off his console once.

"Ay— who green-shelled me!" Pablo Sarabia scoffs, and the group heard Pacho's responsive cackle. "You're lucky your dad is my boss, niño." The console Sarabia was playing on actually belonged to Pedri, who hopped out after the first round (in which he came fifth in rankings, Laporte fourth, Sophia coming third, Sira second and Dani Olmo first), the Canarian now chatting to Ferran and Busquets.

They were currently on the third race of four in this second round of gaming. Sophia, as usual, had Link from Zelda as her racer. She wasn't doing as well as she was last time. Dipping in between fifth and sixth place at times. Maybe lower. She even got a Bullet Bill at one point, which tells you something. She was determined to get either first or second place in this to help her get some place on the podium.

And as the race ended, she managed to squeeze past Laporte's Inkling Boy to secure third place.

"Fuck, yeah!" It was Pacho, who'd jumped to his feet to beat Dani Olmo's Mario to first place with Luigi (the real Luigi).

"Cheat," Dani Olmo coughs under his breath.

"Sore loser."

Dani Olmo asks Sira, "Can you smack him for me?"

Sira takes a look between the RB Leipzig player and her own brother, considering it. She sighs. "I can't. My parents are right there."

Pacho, the little shit, prods his little sister in the ribs, almost exerting a reaction from Sira had the player with the master console — Gayá, in this case — not started the final round immediately, snapping her back to attention before she could retaliate against her big brother.