14

"Dad stop!" I screamed out as my father hit on my mother profusely

My father started hitting on my mother when I turned 11 and it never stopped. It only got worse.

First it would be bruises, then Black eyes, then cuts and blood, and then now... she was beaten to a pulp.

She suffered her 2nd miscarriage in only one year! One year. I was happy to have another sibling come around but each time my father would kick on her stomach making her loose baby after baby.

My father dragged my mother around as she screamed for help but all I could do was watch.

I was afraid.

My father finally let my mother go and he walked out the front door with my mothers blood all over his hands.

I quickly ran to my mother and kneeled down at her and saw her face was completely unrecognizable. My mothers eyes swollen shut as she gasped for air, blood scattered everywhere, all on the floors, counters, EVERYWHERE.

"Ca-call... 9-1-1" my mother lightly breathed out as she laided on the floor in her own pile spit and blood.

I quickly got up and ran to our house phone and called 911.

This wasn't the first time I had to call 911.

Since my father was always a good lier he would get out of things of beating my mother. He would blame it on a terrible accident, anything.

"I love you mom" I sighed to my mother in sign language over FaceTime and she blew kisses and hung up.

I tossed my phone on the other side of my bed as I curled up into a ball trying to forget all about the terrible memories.

I didn't even know tears were flowing from my eyes until a faint knock came from my door.

I got up and opened the door slightly to see Izara crying. I immediately opened the door and picked her up and closed my door.

"What's the matter sweetie?"I asked as I placed her under my covers and propped her back with fuzzy pillows?

"Papa is a meanie! He promised, he pinky promised that we could watch princess and the frog as a small family" She cried hysterically and spoke with hand emotions which was funny.

"I'm sorry sweetie... if it makes you feel better we could watch princess and the frog together?" I said with a smile and then got under the covers.

She squealed and nodded her head. "Yes, please!".

I started the movie and she quickly got comfortable. I gasped. "The snacks I'll be back" I said and Izara didn't even focus on me, she was to focused on princess Tiana.

I slid the covers off of me reavealing my pink silk 2 piece set.

I opened my door and walked downstairs to see Lorenzo leaning on the counter debating if he should talk a shot of vodka.