Chapter 6: Talk

We sat next to each other not speaking for a few moments as we didn't make eye contact with each other. I rested my hand just next to Ivy's hand and she put her hand on top, taking the invitation. "I'm sorry," I said.

"Sorry?" Ivy said. "Why are you sorry?"

"I shouldn't have said what I said at the lighthouse," I said. "I shouldn't have said that... that I'd never forgive you..."

"Did you mean it?" Ivy asked.

I didn't answer. I couldn't. My mouth was dry. "I don't know," I whispered. I rested my head on Ivy's shoulder. "I thought... that I could just... move on. That it was no big deal."

"But I hurt you," Ivy said. "And it's still affecting you."

I nodded. "Yeah... it is."

"I'm sorry," Ivy said. "I... I wish..."

"Why does it have to be like this?" I asked. "Why do we even have to do this?"

"Do you want to quit?" Ivy asked.

I thought about it and lifted my head off her shoulder. "No," I said. "I don't."

"Then let's make the best show America's ever seen," Ivy said. "Let's take control of our lives and stop worrying what others will think. Let's just do what we want to do. Whether Piper likes it or not. Whether America likes it or not."

Ivy pulled me into her body. "I just wonder... if you regret it. Eliminating me," I said. "Or at least lying to me."

"Of course I do," Ivy said. "I said what I meant. At least lying to you. I should never have done that. I should never have used you like that."

I nodded. "But would you do it again?"

Ivy looked at me. "Eliminate you?" Ivy asked. "No. I can't. I need you by my side during the final round."

Suddenly as we were cuddled close to each other, there was a knock at the door. We jumped apart in surprise. I stood up and approached the door. I opened it and saw Jen standing at the door a bit disheveled. "Jen? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Sorry to interrupt," Jen said. "But Piper's going on a bit of a tirade again. She wants everyone to meet in the lounge."

I nodded. "We'll be right with you."

Jen nodded before quickly leaving. I turned to Ivy and sighed. "I guess the show must go on."

Ivy nodded. "Let's go," she said as she followed me out the door.

We found ourselves regrouped once again, the film crew scrambling to get ready. "This season has been peaking in views," Piper said. "We need to deliver the anticipated drama. So we're going to film the elimination round. But... we're going to change how we determine who gets eliminated."

"How?" I asked. 

Piper smiled. "We're not going to determine anything at all. We are going to do a double elimination. And eliminate both contestants in the Bottom Two."

My jaw dropped. "Wait... what? But what about...."

"Let's get going," Piper said clapping her hands together as Kenzie and Adam looked shocked and upset. "And the final round will be filmed tomorrow."

I felt my heart stop for a moment as I looked at Ivy. She was just as shocked as me. It meant that this show... was finally coming to an end. And we would find out the ending of it tomorrow.