Chapter 3: Deserve

"I don't deserve your love," Ivy said.

"But you do," I said. "Everyone deserves love. And it's like Jen told me. I get to decide how I handle your betrayal. I get to decide how I feel. Not you. Not Piper. Not anyone else. And I... I forgive you. I forgive you because I love you. Dammit, Ivy. I fucking love you. Even after everything. I still love you. That doesn't just change. And now. Now that I know why you did what you did, I get it. And I'm okay."

Ivy stomped her foot. "You're supposed to hate me," Ivy said. "What do we even do? You slapped me on camera! And I deserve it."

I smirked. "Well... we give America a show worth watching, " I said. "We show America the drama they have never seen before. I mean think about it, Ivy. Piper has wanted drama this entire time. And I have the perfect story that everyone will love. Enemies to lovers. I have every reason to hate you. But I also have every reason to love you. But America doesn't need to know your personal history. They need a villain. One they can root for. And they need a hero one they can also root for. And together we can make Season 10 the biggest season of America's Most Eligible of all time. We, Ivy, can make history."

Ivy stared and then laughed. "Wow, that's... that's kind of funny. So what? You hate me on camera..."

"But love you off," I said. "Trust me, babe. We can turn America's eyes on all of us. And still have all of the benefits afterwards. After all. That's reality tv for you. So what do you say? Are you in?"

Ivy nodded. "I'm in." 

"Good, now come here," I said as I pulled her onto the bed.

Ivy squealed as she kissed me and buried her face in my arms. "I... I can't believe we're going to do this. I can't believe that... you still want me," Ivy said.

"Always," I said. "You can trust me, Ivy. I promise."

Ivy sighed as she rested her hand on my chest. "Thank you. I don't deserve you. I really don't."

I smiled. "Yes, you do."

I kissed her forehead. "I just wish you had told me. The truth. No more lies, Ivy. Please."

"I promise," Ivy said. "No more lies."

"So... do you really hate Kenzie so much?" I asked.

Ivy nibbled her bottom lip. "Honestly?" Ivy said.

"You did just promise no lies," I said.

"I kind of have a crush on her," Ivy said, blushing.

I laughed. "She is kind of pretty," I said.

"And a good kisser," Ivy said. "I think she was Contestant Four for me."

I smirked. "Who was your favorite?"

"Whichever one was you," Ivy said.

"Good answer," I said.

"So... since we're going to be enemies," Ivy said. "How do you want to play this?"

"Well... at first maybe we give the cold shoulder to each other. Maybe throw some drinks, throw some hands, whatever. But then... I invite you on a few dates. You invite me on a few dates. We make America hate to love us together. Imagine all the shipping people will do. The fanart people will make. The fanfictions people will tell," I said. "But we'll know the truth. The real truth. And then when this show is done. We can tell people the truth, but only if you want to."

Ivy smiled. "I'd love that."

I smiled and kissed Ivy's forehead again, holding her close to my body. "I'm sorry about your mom. She sounds like the worst."

Ivy laughed. "She's not always bad," Ivy said. "I think... how are your parents?"

I smile. "Let's just say I'm kind of a momma's girl," I said. "It's been just my mom and me growing up. We've fought but nothing serious."

"I'm glad you at least have a good parent," Ivy said. "It seems a lot of us have parent issues."

I nodded. "I guess in a way, that makes sense."

"Now, let's get some rest. Tomorrow. We give America the show they've been wanting," Ivy said as she snuggled up with me, closing her eyes.

I reached over and shut the lights off. But I stayed awake for just a moment, not believing the events that had just unfolded. "What a twist," I said as I yawned and closed my eyes.