Part 11

Note before reading:

Loving your comments, votes and messages so much.

-----------

You woke up feeling rough fingers tracing light patterns on your exposed hip, the sensation causing a smile to creep on your face which you hid beneath the covers. Bucky's nose was buried in your hair as he sleepily continued to allow his fingers to trace constellations into your skin. You hummed softly when Bucky pulled your wild hair away from your neck, allowing his lips to press soft kisses in all the places he had discovered the night before.

"I need to get to work," you whined softly, feeling Bucky smile against your skin as you flung the covers away and stared at your alarm clock like it was the devil incarnate.

"I'll miss you up here Hollywood," Bucky whispered in your ear, his voice rough before he bit on your earlobe softly as he allowed his hands to teasingly wander down to your thighs. You knew he was smiling smugly, you didn't need to turn around to see him to know that.

"Arsehole," you whispered under your breath, smiling a little as you rolled away from him, his hands losing contact with your skin as you got out of the bed. For the first time in your life, you didn't mind being seen naked in the daylight; you simply looked over your shoulder and gave Bucky a daring smile before you paraded yourself slowly to your wardrobe; his eyes glued to your frame as you did. Bucky's smug smile had disappeared from his lips, his eyes flitting across your body as he mourned for every single gorgeous part of you that you were covering up. God, you felt so powerful. You pulled on your clothes to go downstairs and start preparing for the final morningrush, as tomorrow was going to be Christmas and you would close for two wholedays and a much needed break.

"Don't touch my erotic novels Barnes," was all you commented before you headed down the stairs to start up the kitchen. You were sure you heard Bucky swear as you left him upstairs all alone with naked images of you in his head and the subtle mention of what you did between the sheets all alone.

------------

Two hours later you had filled the shopwindow almost completely, and you had even started on the specialized Christmas pastries that were bound to sell out today. Despite the massive morning rush, everything was going smoothly; Alpine had sat content in the corner before she bounded upstairs to force Bucky out of bed; the ladies from the book club had arrived for a shared brunch as they wouldn't be meeting until after the new year; also you had found a Christmas Jazz station on the crappy old radio you had inherited from your grandmother, and you couldn't help but sing along to it as you worked.

"Well dear- you seem to be in a good mood today," Deirdre commented as you poured her another cup of tea, pretending you didn't see Blair sneak some whisky into hers.

"Oh yeah. I just had a good n-" you started, but found yourself interrupted by loud footsteps bolting down the stairs into the café, all the ladies' eyes looking up to find Bucky standing there; hastily dressed in his clothes from the night before, his hair dishevelled, and an odd little smile on his face that couldn't possibly be wiped off. Bucky froze as soon as he saw all five of the ladies stare at him, their jaws slack as Bucky quickly pulled the shirt, which he had haphazardly thrown on, a little straighter. You felt your head turn various of offensive shades of pink, thinking you were going to die right there on the spot. You actually almost did when you caught Deirdre's eyes moving to the bookcase; half the books laying toppled on their shelves from the night before.

"Morning James," she smiled, a polite little smirk on her lips, but eyes that suggested all manner of inappropriate comments.

"Morning," Bucky breathed, his neck flushed, which he foolishly tried to hide by scratching it nervously.