Chapter Two (Murder House)

Present Day - October 2010

'' So, are your periods normal again? '' The Doctor asks as he picks up a surgical tool. '' Every other month. Not that I'm really complaining after all that blood. '' Vivien looks at the Doctor. '' Ben hates blood. '' She comments.

'' You having issues with arousal? '' The Doctor questions. '' Not when I'm by myself. '' Vivien admits, chuckling.

The Doctor hums. '' Can you lie back. '' Vivien does as she is told and lets him do his job. '' Well, I recently had some success with women your age...using bio-identical treatments and hormones. '' He tells her.

'' For what? '' Vivien asks. '' Well, it's a sort of preemptive strike. You see, your body is like a house. You can fix the tiles in the bathroom and the kitchen...but if the foundation is decaying, well, you're wasting your time. '' He explains.

'' What are the side effects? '' Vivien asks, mildly interested. '' You can sit up. '' He tells her. '' Well, the B.H.R.T.'s are great for your skin, your organs. Most of the women I gave these to tell me they make them feel 10 years younger. '' The Doctor explains.

'' I don't know. I don't even let my family drink out of plastic bottles. Taking a bunch of hormones when I don't even know what the side effects are? I just-'' Vivien is cut off. '' Feel and look 10 years younger. '' The Doctor smiles, trying to persuade her.

'' I don't need hormones, Doctor. '' She nods at him. '' I'm just trying to get control...of my body again after what happened. ''

'' And I'm offering you something to help you get that back. '' The Doctor says. '' I'm not a house. '' She tells him. '' Vivien, what are you so afraid of? '' He asks, giving her the prescription.

-

The snow falls as Vivien enters her home after getting her medication. She decides to unpack the groceries when she hears a faint squeak from upstairs.

With quick breaths, Vivien scrambles through her handbag to find her phone.

Operator: 911

Vivien: I have an intruder in my house.

Operator: Are you sure it't a member of your family?

Vivien: No. Nobody is home.

Operator: What's the address?

Vivien: 35 Drumlin Road

Operator: We're sending a patrol car.

Vivien: Please hurry. Please.

Vivien puts her phone down and grabs a knife. She slowly walks up the stairs, gripping the knife in her right hand as the squeaking gets louder and louder.

Now standing in front of her bedroom door, Vivien opens it, a look of horror on her face. '' Oh, my God. Oh, Viv, no. No. No. '' Ben, Vivien's husband exclaims.

Vivien begins walking away from her bedroom door as Ben rushes out in his underwear. '' Viv. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. No. '' He grabs her arm in a desperate attempt to stop her from leaving, and in response, she swings the knife, slashing him on his arm.