The meeting between Josh and Talissa

Resume of everything: Aaron showed up at Ashley's wedding by surprise and goes to talk to Talissa. They spend the night together, in Talissa's apartment but the next day Aaron is gone. Talissa goes to work confused to find out that Aaron is coming back as chief editor of the health and nutrition column and is dating Talissa's assistant, Becky.

That same morning

As walking into her office, Talissa is blown away by the approximation between Aaron and Becky, while sharing a soft kiss in the middle of the hall. She seems uncomfortable but decides to look away and sits on her desk. The door suddenly opens and Alexis walks in.

- I'm so sorry, I didn't know they were dating. I will fire Becky immediately!

- First of all, good morning! Second of all, it's fine. Nobody needs to be fired. - Alexis seems confused by Talissa's carefree attitude

- You sure? Won't that bother you? - Talissa nods and Alexis sits in front of her.

- Yes I'm sure. Aaron and I had a conversation last night, after the wedding and he told me about Becky... and we had some closure.

- Wow, that's very mature of you. - she crosses her arms suspecting what she heard.

Talissa's thoughts: To be fair, I just didn't want to deal with the whole thing.

- Anyway...I need you after work! Drew is having a gathering at a bar downtown to welcome the new CEO of his firm and everyone from his work will be there. I think he wants me to go to introduce his new girlfriend. -she points at herself.

- Wow, you guys have labels now? - Talissa asks surprised.

- Yes and I hate it! - Alexis forces a smile and gets up. - Please tell me you are coming!

- If there are drinks involved you know I will be there.

Talissa's thoughts: God knows I need one.

Alexis smiles and blows a kiss in the air as she leaves the room. Talissa sighs and looks through the glass of her office to see Aaron walking over and opening the door.

- Hey, can we talk? - he asks standing by the door.

- Oh if you are going to tell me you are dating Becky? I already know.

Aaron walks in and closes the door.

- We just had one date, we are not exclusive or anything.

- Oh, I'm sorry. That erases all the fucking anger I have for you right now, thank you so much! - Talissa gets up.- You could've just told me, Aaron. But instead, you decide to give me illusions with all the sweet things you told me.  

- I meant what I said last night! I've missed you and I needed to see you, that's all.

- You forgot the part where you had sex with me last night and left my bedroom this morning.

- I wasn't supposed to get involved with you.

- Then what were you supposed to do, Aaron? (pause) Why did you say those things to me if you don't even want us back together?

- I want us back together...

- Bullshit...

- I do but I can't...

- Why?

- Because I can't trust you, Talissa. Not like before...

There's silence in the room while Aaron and Talissa stare at each other. Talissa tries to hold back the tears but her eyes are already watering. She shakes her head and sits on her desk again.