Talissa meets Josh's parents

Talissa and Josh have been dating for 6 months 

Talissa's apartment, evening (7 o'clock)

Talissa is preparing dinner for her and Josh. She opens a bag of penne pasta and throws it in a pot of boiling water. On her side, Josh is cutting fresh tomatoes and onions by the counter. 

- I think you should meet my parents. 

- What? 

Talissa stops stirring the pasta in the pot and looks at Josh who continues his job. 

- Yeah, I've been thinking and they've been asking about you. So, I think we should go for dinner, tomorrow night. 

- Tomorrow, already?

Talissa seems nervous but Josh looks calm, which makes her feel a little bit at ease. Josh puts the knife down by the counter and looks at her. 

- You have nothing to be worried about! They're going to love you. 

He approaches her and holds her waist pulling her close. They look into each other's eyes. 

- Are you nervous? - he teases her and Talissa roll her eyes. 

- Wouldn't you be nervous if my parents lived in The Hamptons in a freaking mansion and you would be the first boy I would take home to meet mama and papa? 

- A little bit but you just have to be yourself. 

He brushes to the side a strand of hair that was slipping across her face and rests his hand on her cheek.

- Fine, I will have dinner and meet your family. 

Josh is smiling victoriously and leaves a gentle kiss on Talissa's lips. He whispers 'amazing' and goes back to cutting tomatoes and onions. 

Friday evening, The Hamptons

Josh's family house

Josh parks the car in front of the house next to the sidewalk. Josh's parent's house is near the beach and is covered in blue tiles that go along with the grey of the windows. He opens the passenger seat door and Talissa gets out of the car wearing a blue dress with a jacket covering her arms and cleavage. They silently approach the door carrying both stuff: Talissa is covering a bouquet of small white roses for his mother and Josh is caring a red whine. The bell rang and they wait. 

- Oh Josh, honey! Just in time. - his mother opens the door and quickly hugs her son not too tight. - And you must be Talissa. - she presses her cheek to Talissa's and holds the bouquet. - I guess these are for me. Come in, come in! 

They walk in, Josh first and Talissa after, and take off their coats leaving them on the hanger. Talissa looks down at her cleavage and arranges it so as not to be too flashy. 

- Everyone is in the living room, go ahead, I will be there with you and dinner will be ready in ten. 

- Can I help you with anything in the kitchen? - Talissa asks. 

- Oh honey, no it's fine. Mary is taking care of everything. - she smiles politely and disappears into one of the rooms.

- Of course, you have a maid.