Chapter Ten (Murder House)

September 2011

Ben stands near the window overlooking the backyard, where the white bed sheets are drying, pleasing himself, when a voice catches his attention. '' Your family is in danger. '' A man shouts, causing Ben to stop what he's doing.

He moves the curtains, only to lay eyes on a half burned man, wearing a suit. Ben quickly gets changes and runs through the house to get to the back yard. 

Frantically looking around, eyes scanning his surroundings to find not a single living soul in sight.

-

Katherine pulls up at the house and Vivien gets out of the car, grabbing bags of groceries from the small trunk. '' I'll get the rest. '' The brunette tells the older women, closing the drivers side door.

'' Are you sure? '' Vivien asks. '' I have to do something while I stay in your house for free. '' Katherine answers, taking some bags from Vivien, who rolls her eyes, chuckling before heading inside.

While unpacking the groceries, and waiting for Katherine to bring in the other bags, a popping noise startles Vivien.

She turns around to see that the fridge has been opened. Vivien looks around, then closes the fridge, only to be startled again by someone laughing.

Moving around her kitchen, Vivien finds Adelaide standing at her back door. '' What are you doing? '' She asks, still angry from being frightened.

Adelaide continues to laugh, this time, looking at something behind Vivien. '' Why are you in my house? '' She demands as Katherine enters the kitchen, her arms filled with grocery bags. '' What's going on? '' She asks, letting out a small grunt as she sets the bags onto the island.

'' Katherine, honey, could you go next door and get Constance. '' Vivien says, keeping her eyes on Adelaide, who hasn't moved her gaze from Katherine, a look of pure awe on her face.

The brunette nods and makes her way next door. She rings the door bell and Constance answers with a huff. '' Whatever you're selling -'' She stops herself speaking upon noticing the young women. '' Oh, Katherine. Have you considered my offer? ''

'' Vivien wants to speak to you. '' Katherine states. '' Your daughter broke in again. '' She nods, getting straight to the point.

Constance runs a hand over her tired face. '' For Pete's sake. '' She huffs. '' I'll be over in a moment. '' Katherine nods and goes back to the house, now seeing Ben in the kitchen standing next to his wife. '' She'll be over in a minute. ''

Once Constance shows up, she is escorted into the kitchen by Katherine. She then sits down next to Adelaide, who pays no attention to anyone but Hallie, the dog.

'' I want you to stay out of my house. Do you understand? '' Vivien asks as Constance attempts to light a cigarette. '' Can I smoke in here? ''

'' No. '' Vivien shuts her down immediately with a shake of her head. '' Adelaide, answer me please. ''

'' Can I...pet your dog? '' Adelaide asks. '' No. Adelaide, I want you to stay out of the house. I want you to stop coming in and opening things up, and telling me I'm gonna die. '' Vivien sighs.