Chapter 1

The little girl ran through the woods. 

She wore a crimson cape, tattered and dirty, much too big for her small size. 

Against the twilight of the forest her shaded cape looked like a streak of blood tearing through the blackish forest. 

It was cold and raining and the young girl was terrified. Her blood ran cold as the wind pumeled into her mercilessly. The little girl in the red cape started to cry. Her pitiful sobs echoed through the empty woods. 

She couldn't remember anything, how she got to the woods, or why she was running. Images of torture and death swam in her head. Flickers of distant memories she couldn't make out. She came to a sudden halt in a clearing.

It was dark and cold, but she could see that the small area was very beautiful. It had bushes of wildflowers of every colour and wilting willow trees. She found comfort in the full moon's soft light- as if it were watching over her telling the girl it would be all okay.

Her innocent, emerald green eyes scanned over the twisted willow tree. She slowly made her way over to it- she could already tell it was going to rain.

She hummed a soft tune and started singing the tune her mother had sang to both her and her brother.

The forest quieted down, the crickets and soft yelps of the foxes vanished.

Her soft voice was strong and beautiful. The forest had quieted only to hear her sing her enchanting tune... which had attracted the wolf.

The big, bad wolf.

Her eyes closed when she had finished her tune- yet the forest remained silent.

The forest knew. He was here. Too tired to notice anything odd, she slowly drifted into unconsciousness, but still slightly aware of what was going on around her.

The big, bad wolf looked at the girl with the red cape questionably. It's grey eyes hooded with curiosity. The song she sang was undoubtedly beautiful, he just didn't understand what she was doing here.

Her song was what had attracted him- sad and soulful. He had left his hunt to find the owner of its voice. And there she was.

Making its way towards her, he took long, threatening and powerful strides- already marking its territory around her, Fending off any other predators that might want her as its own. Subtly marking its scent around her, he went closer to the human with no caution. His nose almost touching the girls as her eyes opened, showing green emeralds and golden Suns.

She was taken aback. Grey eyes stared into her own.

Her mouth dried, and a cold sweat racked through her body as her heart thundered furiously in her chest. She was terrified- her pupils dilating to the point where everything was blurred to her- except the grey eyes.

Her body started shaking and a sob broke from her lips- she didn't want to die.

The raven coloured wolf flattened its ears, he sensed her fear. It was strong and he understood to know that fear was what she was most likely running from.

He slinked lower to the ground trying to seem as a small threat. It didn't help much- he was a very big wolf. So much larger than the little red girl.

He didn't move till her shaking slowly seized, and her heart rate slowed down. He didn't want to move, but the way he lay, he couldn't see her eyes. And he so badly wanted too.

Little red was scared. But probably not as scared as before. The wolf had moved back to its original position, and little red was once again mesmerised by its beautiful grey eyes. Almost smiling, she brought forward her hand without breaking contact. He didn't move away, so she ran her hand through its long, soft locks of silky black hair.

They both relaxed at the touch- and she giggled when it laid its large head in her small lap.

"You know.." She murmured taking a lock of his long jet black hair.
"I really like you!" She smiled her chubby hands wrapping around his muscled torso.
"Even if you are a wolf" She whispered.

The wolf looked at her, already knowing that this little girl was his to protect.

Little red looked at him. Knowing she had found a lifelong companion.

And that's how my story starts. A wolf, a cold day. Oh yes. And me.