Chapter 11

Lykos at the top, finally have a person!  (his name + pictures + insta at end, so keep reading)  

Recap: Red receives a punishment for lying to Lykos. ;) When she goes to sleep, she is kidnapped by the man who attacked her in the second chapter.

***

I woke up with a start, jumping up and gathering my bearings. I stood on a dirty floor of what looked like some kind of basement. A single light flickered above my head, there were no windows, but there were ventilation shafts, which were thrumming softly. A double-door was on the far left corner.

Firefly-

I brushed of the dust from the floor and pulled my tattered shirt down. Ignoring the nausea and dizziness, I walked slowly towards the door, careful to not make a sound.

"Slow down, Princess. You can't leave yet. You just got here!" A voice came from behind me.

I groaned softly. "I'm leaving. Try and stop me." I replied, not bothering to turn around before I set myself on a forward march towards the entrance.

"Not so fast, my lovely." His vampiric abilities had allowed him to clasp his fingers around my neck and pull me back onto the floor with a force that knocked the air out of my lungs. I wheezed as the man circled me.

"I should introduce myself, right?" He waited for a response. "I'm Omar. You already know that I'm the one that went after you in the market place- back then I was weak. See I'm a vampire now, and I know why they wanted you- your blood smells delicious." He crouched by the floor. "You're a full deal, though. The Grand Alphas mate?" He let out a laugh. "I'm going to strip him for all he's worth, take his fucking throne- "

I cut him off by trying to stifle a yawn, tears gathering at the corners of my eyes. He glared at me before commenting "Bored, are you?"

"You won't get anything. My mate will rip your fucking head off."

I watched his anger from the vein of his neck. It travelled to his head and let out an ugly roar before he kicked me in the stomach. I let out a cry and curled into myself.

Where are you?

His footsteps disappeared and I slowly unravelled. He didn't walk out of the front entrance so there must have been another, somewhere.

I got up slowly, breathing through my nose.

"You're going to pay for that." Omar shouted. I couldn't see him but something slid across the floor. My eyes widened at the rusted throwing knife. I picked it up quickly, gripping it tightly.

"I want to see how good you are." He yelled out. I looked around and noticed that there was a glass window where Omar was seated behind it. I glared at him with as much ferocity as I could muster.

"Save it for the vampire, Princess." Omar growled out. My eyes widened at the statement and I looked over at the double-doors, adrenaline already coursing through my body. I gripped the knife in my right hand and crouched.

No.

It emerged. Malnourished and skinny, it looked as if it hadn't fed for days. Rolling my neck, I prepared myself for the onslaught of attacks that I knew were coming. His crazed eyes met mine, and a second later he was leaping through the air.

I waited until the last moment before rolling away. He hit the floor hard and fumbled his claws extended and smacking the floor mercilessly. The blood-sucker hissed and spat, Omar was laughing.

Fear started to pump through my veins as I dodged his attacks- I was getting tired, but he just seemed to be getting more ferocious with each lunge. I wouldn't be able to keep this up much longer.