Chapter 4.2

Recap: When Red nears her home, she's hit with a blast. 

****

Struggling to get up, I used the charred tree stump behind me to gain leverage. How was I still alive? I lay in the middle of a large crater as if the power surge had come from me.

I coughed out the ash and dust in my lungs, waving my hands around haphazardly in a weak attempt to clear the air around me. Then I was aware of the pain. It flared in my legs, to my shoulders and then to my head. It was burning- a white-hot agony that rendered me useless. But I had to get up. I had to find Lykos.

Stay still.

I struggled to climb out of the huge pit. I crawled, slowly but surely, finding the edge and pulling myself up, I gasped for air. I lay still on my back unable to understand anything except the pain and exhaustion that wanted to take me under.

Stop.

I was going crazy.

No.

I needed to find Lykos.

I am here.

Slowly, I turned. I couldn't see anything past the dead trees. Pulling myself up with the last bit of energy that I had, I stood- weak, on my legs. Swaying with the wind I set off at a somewhat reasonable pace, stopping every few seconds as my vision blurred and created double of everything.

Tripping and stumbling, I found myself in an empty clearing.

Where was everyone?

Red, run.

I turned.

Vermillion eyes met my own. Dark, nebulous hair and a cruel, twisted snarl marred the face of the most bewitching woman I had ever seen. She pounced on me, claw-like nails digging into my shoulder-blades. Falling back to the ground that I had so tirelessly worked to get off, she swiped her hands across my face, removing her sharp nails from my collarbone.

I had already moved the back of my hand to protect my face, so all the woman got was skin off my elbow. She was strong.

I grunted as I kicked her in the belly, forcing her to roll off me as I sprang back.

She crouched, like an animal and darted towards me again.

Drop.

I did.

She came close.

But she didn't.

A blur of black grappled her by the neck, her momentum throwing her the other way.

I watched, barely conscious, as Wolf ripped her limb from limb.

She was dead.

Wolf padded back, his snout dripping with blood, a malicious glint in his eyes.

"What is going on?" I wheezed out, my fingers petting through the thick hair around his neck.

I closed my eyes, barely able to keep them open, somewhat aware of Wolf's whining.

"Shh, you. Can you find Lykos?" I said softly. I wasn't very sure if he even knew who Lykos was, but I had to try.

Opening my eyes, I watched Wolf silently. He was looking over at me, something that I couldn't see past the line of trees. Vision blurring, Wolf stepped back.

He changed.

I wasn't looking at Wolf anymore.

Lykos.

It was Lykos.

His face changed.

Everything.

Everything has changed.

**************************

Kinda rushed chappie ending ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks to those 3? people that wanted me to continue this book.