War Games

Diggie's POV

I woke up to the sound of Maddie crying. "Mads? Still crying?" I ask.

"Diggie, I'm sorry!" she cries. I sit up and sigh.

"Maddie, I'm fine!" I say, trying to convince her. She takes a deep breath and hands me a vest. "What's that?"

"War Games vest." Skippy says. "You need this." He says as he tosses it on me.

"Thanks Skip." I say as I slide it on. "Do, we have teams yet?"

"No." Liv says. "But what I do know is that Tris and Jordan are team captains." She says.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Maddie asks. I stand up and nod.

"I'm fine, Maddie. I know you didn't mean to. And I forgive you." I say. She smiles as I do the same. We here an alarm that pierces our ears. I crouch down and hold my ears. I look over and see Jordan holding Maddie's hand down so she has to listen. I run over and put mine on top of her ears.

"Diggie stop!" Maddie screams. I shake my head and wait for the alarm to end. I feel some blood coming out of my ears. Maddie hugs me again. "Thanks." She whispers. Then, gas fills the room.

"Guys that's knock out gas!" Holden yells.

"How to you know?" Willow yells.

"Because Liv's unconscious!" Holden yells back. I see Maddie feeling weak. I cup my hands over her mouth and nose so she can breath. I hold my breath for about a minute so we can all run.

"Ok we're safe!" Andie yells as she shuts the door. I let go of Maddie's face and gasp for air.

"Are you ok?" Maddie asks me as she looks me in the eye.

"I-I'm fine." I mummer, still taking deep breaths.

"Maddie!" A voice squeals.

"Liv!" She yells as she runs and hugs her. Holden comes over to me.

"Ya know, Liv is really cute." He says to me.

"Maddie's beautiful." I say as I watch the twins hug. "She's the most beautiful person I've ever seen."

"That's sweet man. I feel the same with Liv." He says. Tris comes in with applaud.

"Very nice, young ones." She yells. "Ok, now is the time for Jordan and I to pick teams."

"Why Jordan? Why not me?" Artie asks.

"Jordan's been her longest and doesn't get his energy from rare cakes." Tris says. We all slightly laugh. "Ok, I pick first. Andie." She says. She smiles and walks to Tris.

"Holden." Jordan says.

"Maddie." Tris yells. Jordan laughs evilly.

"Don't you-" I try to yell.

"Diggie." He laughs. Maddie looks scared as shit.

"Liv." Tris says. Liv runs to Maddie with a hug open.

"Hey Dig-Mistier. I expect no mercy." Jordan says. The teams level out so that we get Skippy and they get Artie.

"Ok! The darts we will use have settings you can change on the gun!" Tris yells. "You can make the dart feel like a gun shot, a burn, or a bite by a wolf." She explains. "All guns will be set to 5 out of 5 damage level. That equals big boo boo." She says.

"Deal." We all say. We get on the train where Maddie comes over to me.

"Please-"

"I won't." I say as I pull her into a hug. "So much hugging today." I laugh. She laughs with that cute snort she does.

"Yeah." She says with a sigh. The train suddenly screeches so that I fall over. It didn't hurt. But then it turned awkward. Maddie fell on top of me so that we are face to face.

"So, this is awkward." I says. She nods and gets off of me. "So..."

"So..." She say.

"So, let's get moving!" Jordan says as he takes my arm out of the train. We all hop out and split up. "Skip, go hide the flag." He says as he hands Skippy the flag. Skippy runs off and puts it in a big tower. He points to the other tall building. We look and see their flag.

"So now what?" Holden asks.

"Move out!" Jordan yells. I take Holden and start crouching. We start crawling when I feel burns go on my leg, chest, and gut. Then a wolf bite on my shoulder.

"God dammit!" I yell as I drop my gun. Holden takes the dart out when a blond comes out. But not the blond I wanted to see. "Jordan!" I yell, feeling pain all over. Then, as he was about to shoot Holden, a dart is flown at Jordan's back.

"Mother-" he yells. I see Liv crouching by a crate. Holden motions her over.

"Why?" Liv yell-whispers. He mouths 'Diggie' to her. She takes someone's hand and run over to us. When they reach us, I know the other blond is Maddie.

"How many times?" Liv asks. Holden holds up 4 fingers.

"Who!" Maddie yells.

"J-Jordan." I stutter. Maddie takes her gun and shoots him 3 times with all the settings. The three help me up and move me across the field, up the stairs, and into the tower.

"Take it." Maddie says. I crawl over and grab the flag. The three help me up and raise my hand. My pains go away since I showed the flag. "You did it." She says. I smile and raise all of our hands in victory.