The Aftermath

Maddie's POV

I still can't believe how many times Diggie did something heroic for me. My ears, the gas, Jordan, just to name a few. He is super cute! Eww, I sound like Liv!

"Hey Mads." Liv says as she walks to me. We're all at this party thing to celebrate War Games. "How's your partying experience going?"

"It's fine. I just wanna know where Diggie is." I say, peering through crowds to look for him. Two arms wrap around me in a safe hug.

"Hey Rooney." The person with the arms says. I turn around and see Diggie. He doesn't seem right though. He takes me back into the dorms and makes sure no ones around. "I know what you are." He whispers. "I know because I'm the same." He whispers.

"You know I'm D-"

"Yes. So you and I are in the same amount of danger. And I know that Liv is Divergent to." He whispers.

"Wait, she's-"

"Yeah. So this is our little secret, ok?" He says. I nod and smile at him. Liv and Andie come in with a razor and scissors.

"Diggie Haircut Time!" They both yell. He smiles and agrees with it. They start taking out a comb and combing it up so it's pretty tall. Then they start buzzing the sides so there's a little stubble amount of hair there. Then, they start making it go to the right. It looks hot.

"Well, what do you think?" He asks me. How do I say hot with out says hot.

"It looks great!" I say. He smiles and stands up. All together, he looks like a SUPER hot guy. When he goes out into the party, Liv hands me a crumpled up piece of paper.mot reads:

Maddie, I got Tris to let people sing. Andie, Holden, and Willow agreed to let you use the song below. Sing it to Diggie. It'll work.

"You think it'll work?" I ask.

"Oh totes!" She says. I smile and go out where the rest of them is already there. I start singing what Liv gave me. But before I do, I need to say something.

"This song is dedicated to Diggie Fitzpatrick." I say. Then I start singing. I start out kinda quiet. But then at the chorus, I get explosive.

"As long! As I have you,
I can live like there's nothing left to lose!
Won't break!
Cause a fracture in my heart!
Nothing in this world could tear us both apart.
They say you gotta have the good with the bad,
I'll take it all! As long as I have,
You!"

At the end of the song, I see Diggie blushing like CRAZY! "Well Fitzpatrick, how'd you like it?" I ask as I go up to him.

"I loved it." He says with his cute little Diggie smile. He hugs me with a tight squeeze and laughs. "Hey Mads,"

"Yes Diggie?" I ask as I pull away.

"You wanna go out with me?" He asks. I smile, thinking it's a joke, until I see how serious he is. "You gonna leave me hanging?" He asks.

"I will definitely go out with you." I say with a smile. He smiles back and goes into the sleeping quarters. I hear him singing the song. I go in and I walk in on him with no shirt on. "Girl in the room!" I yell. He laughs and gets in his bed.

"You wanna get tattoos tomorrow?" He asks.

"I would love to. Would that be our first date?" I ask. He nods and does the '2 gun' clicking noise. I smile, do my snort laugh, and go to sleep.