Chapter 10: First Assignment part 3

(Asta's p.o.v.)

  Leafa and I were patrolling the east side of Heart Kingdom's capital, looking for any Horrors lurking in the shadows. As we searched, we were engaging in small talk. "Hey Leafa, there's something that's been on my mind for a while. I don't think I've ever met your brother and friends before." It's true that I haven't met them in the weeks since me and Liebe enrolled at the Makai Arts Academy, so I was wondering where they were. Leafa replied, "They were sent on a mission to Diamond Kingdom a day before you and Liebe started studying at the Academy, they should be back at headquarters sometime tomorrow." I asked in response, "Really? I would like to meet them when we get back. Would you introduce me and Liebe to them?" She smiled and said, "Sure, I think you and my brother will become great friends." Before I could thank her, I sensed the Ki of multiple Horrors and stopped to turn in the direction I sensed it. Leafa asked puzzled, "What's wrong, Asta. Do you sense something?" I answered, "Yeah, I sense Horrors, several of them. Their a block away." Her face turned serious and we rushed in the direction of where I sense our prey.

  After a minute of running at full speed, we reached our target. A group of ten Horrors, one of which was different than the others. It was silver in color with a harpoon-shaped point tail, by the Ki, it was possessing a woman.

 It was silver in color with a harpoon-shaped point tail, by the Ki, it was possessing a woman

(Ignore the bikes in the background)

  Other than it's appearance, I could tell that it was stronger than the others by it's Ki. The two of us drew our swords and got ready for the fight ahead. I said to her, "Leafa, can you handle the other Horrors while I fight the silver one in back?" She answered, "I can handle them, but I'm not sure you can defeat the silver Horror or not." I smirked and replied, "I'm more concerned about it going after you than anything else." I didn't notice the blush on her face at the time. Before she could say anything, the Horrors noticed us and the silver one said, "Well look at what we have here, a human and an elf. And what delicious looking appetizers?" "Hey silver, if you can talk, I assume that you must have a name too, right?" I called it out. It replied, "It's Baul, though not that it matters in introducing myself to our food. Get them!!" The Horror named Baul ordered the others, and they started charging us. We charged forward as well, but I jumped over the group and landed in front of Baul.

  I stood up and entered my stance before saying, "You and me, punk." He growled before charging at me.

  Meanwhile

  (Leafa's p.o.v.)

  While Asta was busy fighting the Horror, Baul, I was fighting the other 9 Horrors. Makai Priests may not be as strong as Makai Knights, but we are strong enough to defeat low class Horrors, such as the 9 I was currently facing.

  The Horrors came at me one at a time, I blocked and quickly countered everyone of their attacks, but I only managed to scratch them so far. I soon came up with a plan to bring them down. First, I leaped back to put some distance between them and me. Next, I launched twenty wind bullets at them, causing some of the Horrors to lose at least one of their limbs. Next, I sheathed my sword and used fast-movement magic to quickly lunge towards the creatures, and once I got close enough, I quickly performed an Iai slash, decapitating 5 out of the 9 Horrors. Then, I turned and unleashed a downward diagonal slash on one, a horizontal slash on another, and finally a downward vertical slash on the next one. This meant that only one Horror was left, and it looked like it was going to try and escape. However, I wasn't going to let it do so. As soon as it turned around I lunged at it using Fast-movement like before and cut the Horror in half with a rising slash.