Chapter 21: Suicide Mission PT: 2

After Waller gave me a bit more info on Task Force X, she brought me into a room that had only one door, the floors as well as the walls and ceiling were completely White, and had those of Task Force X all sitting around on the floor or leaning against the wall with collars on them.
"Listen up, I would like to introduce you to Dante Black. He will be accompanying you on your mission."

Croc just glared at me and huffed.
"The fuck do we need a kid for?"

I looked at him with a tilted head as I lit my cigarette.
"Uh, do you not remember 5 minutes ago when I turned into a flaming skeleton? How about this, we don't give each other too much shit, you get to go home to whatever swamp you came from and I don't make you into a pair of boots. Come to think of it I think there's enough on you that I can even make a new jacket."

The rest of Task Force X looked at me and smiled as some of them laughed.
"Haha, I like this guy!"
Live Wire comments.

"Not to mention cute."
Killer Frost added.

"I think you mean hot ice pop!"
Harley smiled as she blew me a kiss.

"Oh for fuck sake."
Boomerang sighed as he dragged his hand downward across his face.

"All right enough!"
Waller barked.
"The mission that you are all going on will shave off 20 years from your sentences. Lawton, Jones, and Quinn, between the three of you you only have 57 years left on your sentences. Which means that if you complete this mission you will be set free but under watch to make sure you don't backslide."
Just got the three that were just mentioned to perk up with interest.

Killer Croc grinned as Harley jumped for joy.
"YAHTZEE!!!!!"
She squeeled with delight.

Harness just went slackjawed and pretended to be surprised.
"Wooooow, 20 years off a triple life sentence!? That seems like a croc of shit!"
He then looks to Killer Croc who had raised a scaly eyebrow.
"No offense mate."

But Croc just growled while Waller continued with the briefing. She went on to explain everything to them that she had told me prior to me meeting them. And after all that was said and done the rest of the team didn't even have anything to add or say on everything.

I guess they understood it well enough to the point where you didn't even need to ask questions. Once we left the room Waller hit them with the gas to knock them unconscious for a little while so that they could be injected with a micro bomb that was smaller than a dime but five times more powerful than a stick of dynamite, more than enough to blow someone's head off. Even for Killer Croc who has a hide that's tough as hell.

"I know Wilson's history with your team. Despite all that I need you to put that aside and get this done."
Waller said as she glanced at me.

"You must have me mistaken with someone who doesn't already understand that. If he even acts like he's going to cross that line I'll crack the whip. That bomb you put in him doesn't mean shit because he's not afraid of death. In fact he's the only other person alive who could possibly understand what I've been through with having your soul taken away by a devil and then getting it back."
I took the final drag of my cigarette before putting it out.

Waller was silent from then on. But as I looked into her eyes even if they were directed at me, I could see that she was hiding something. Something that she didn't used to know or see, but I'm more than just saw it I felt it.

Not even 30 minutes later the suicide squad and I had boarded the chopper to take us to a private air strip.
"Hold up, we got one more coming."
Flag notified the pilot as he comes and sits next to me.

"Another member orr?"
I asked him as he nodded towards the door.

"Another member orr?"I asked him as he nodded towards the door