chapter 10

"I don't get it. Why was the baby wrapped in a map?" Lloyd asked, the Ninja now gathered in the dining room.
"I don't know. Maybe they didn't have any diapers either." Cole suggested.
"This part here looks like it could be the central part of Ninjago." Harumi pointed to the map as it was spead out on the table.
"And the X. You think the third Oni Mask could be hidden there?" Nya asked. It's true there was a big red X just in the middle of drawn leaves.

"Primeval's Eye!" Lloyd exclaimed.
"My mother used to tell me about this place. It's an uncharted vast wilderness of death." He explained.
"Heart warming." Kai added.
"Her friend, an archaeologist, I think his name was Dr. Yost, he had gone in to map the area. But he never returned." Lloyd pointed back to the map.

"I don't want to say it, but it sounds like the perfect place to hide something you don't want anyone to find." Nya said.

Then Morro walked in, wet from the rain. As soon as he did, the rocking of the boat continued. It seemed that Morro was helping the Bounty sail smoothly with his power but in doing so he got exposed to the rain.

"Oh my goodness." Nya said, getting up.
"No, it's okay, I love my unpaid job." Morro grabbed his towel from the hooks on the wall. Nya flicked off the visible water on Morro while he himself dried himself with a slight breeze and towel.

The PA machine on the wall flickered it's screen. That's not anything normal.

Morro looked over to Cole. He held up a cup as he held the baby.
"Cole." Morro said. Cole looked at his hand then Morro. Like five times.
"Tea." Cole said.

"Tea? You can't feed a baby tea!" Nya yelled.
"Why not? He likes it. He won't drink anything else." Cole ringed the cup.

Then the room went dark with a sound of machinery shutting down.
"What happened to the lights?" Kai asked.
"Get to the bridge. Quick!" Lloyd yelled. They all ran out of the room but Harumi took a stop to grab the map amd take it with her.

"Pixal, what's happening?" Lloyd asked stepping into the room where Zane was resting. The lights were off and no response.
"Pixal! Come in!" Lloyd yelled.
"Must be a power failure." Kai said.
"Really? What told you that?" Morro asked.

"Or it's a trap!" Jay raised his hand.
"Freaking out isn't going to help us." Cole said.

"Jay might be right. The backup generators would have kicked in. This is something else." Nya said. Sirens started to wail.

"Emergency. Emergency." Pixal's voice rang through.

"What happened, Pix?" Lloyd asked.

"I'm detecting a foreign presence has been introduced into my system." Pixal said.

"Foreign? What are you talking about?" Lloyd asked.

"It appears we are being tracked. I have lost control of the ship." Pixal said.

"How did something get in?" Jay asked.
"Jay you're right, your previous statement, not that one." Morro said. Zane's power source was exposed and sparks jumped out of it. Then it clicked.
"The trap. Something was planted on Zane. They wanted us to take him in!" Kai exclaimed.

"Proximity alarm. Something is approaching the Bounty fast." Pixal warned.

"Onscreen!" Nya yelled.

"It is Samurai X." Pixal stated.

"Oh. He must be here to help us out." Cole deduced.

"I'm afraid that is unlikely." Pixal replied.

"What do you mean?" Morro asked.

"Because my system is overrun." Pixal said.

"You're making no sense, Pix. What are you talking about?" Kai asked.