Getting ready

The end of the day finally rolled around and artemis made her way to Megan's last class.
"Hey Arty!" Megan smiled brightly and she strolled out the class room.
"Y'know normally i love Fridays but i'm being forced to go to a party today" artemis whined.
"You're going there for me and zee" Megan reminded her.
"Yeah yeah whatever" artemis grumbled "god you are so lucky you live like 5 minutes away from school".
"Yeah i am pretty lucky".
The rest of the walk was a peaceful one.
"So whens zatanna coming around?"
"You mean when does the torture of your love life between you and wally begin!?" Megan giggled
"You know i don't like him" artemis growled
"Yeah right he's been growing on you for ages" Megan said with a look.
"What how?" Artemis asked bemused.
"Well you do flirt with each other an awful lot, then theres the looks you give each other..." Megan said as she slotted the key into her front door, opening it.
"We do not flirt! And what looks" artemis pretending to ask, with a fake look of forgetness"oh yeah those looks of ANNOYANCE" artemis added, walking in.
"You do flirt"
"Ughhh i guess my torture already started" artemis groaned.
"Hey just telling the truth" Megan said closing the door "c'mon lets go to my bedroom" she led the way up the stairs.
"Back to the actual point, when is zee coming?"
"Well Di- she going to her house to pick up her stuff first so she'll be here in 20 minutes"
"Whats she doing with Dick?" Artemis said with a mischievous smile.
"Well he's just walking her to her house"
"He might have well have just asked her to kiss him" artemis laughed.
"Yes but he's polite and well mannered" Megan pointed out.
"That is true" artemis admitted.
"C'mon lets choose what you are wearing" megan said excitedly.
"Ughhhh i'm really not into this girly stuff, can't i just wear jeans and a top?" Artemis pleaded.
"No way you are going to wear something nice...er" megan quickly added.
"Whens the party start?" Artemis asked
"At 9 but zee said she'd help set up so Wally is picking us up at 8"
"Wally?!" Artemis asked.
"Yeah he's our only way there"
"And our only way back, what about Connor?" artemis said fearfully.
"It'll be fine and Connor is going on his motorbike" megan said reassuringly "so if you pick your outfit now we can relax for about 4 hours"
"Sounds good" artemis smiled "just pick something for me that covers a lot of skin"
A few minutes of rummaging later Megan handed a black mid thigh length dress to Artemis. "Just wear your leather jacket and boots and you'll look fantastic as always"
"Thanks" artemis called from on the bed "come and watch tv with me" artemis called.
Megan walked over and flopped onto the bed "i love once upon a time" she squealed.
20 minutes had passed when they heard the knocking on the door "i'll get it" Artemis said as she walked down the stairs, she opened the door to reveal zatanna and Dick "hey" artemis greeted them.
"See you later" zatanna said to Dick kissing his cheek.
"Yeah see ya" Dick said as he walked off with a small blush.
Artemis closed the door after Zatanna walked in "you two were very coupley" she said with a smirk.
"Shut up" zatanna said as she hurried up the steps to Megan's room.
"Okay so we have ages till we gave to get ready so lets watch tv till then" Megan announced.
"I agree with that" Artemis said.
"Sounds like a plan" zatanna added.
The next few hours went quickly, artemis started to get nervous 'not about Wally why would she be nervous of Wally? Not because of his great humour or amazing looks' no she needed to stop thinking that, she hates Wally.
Artemis had changed her clothes, when she was re-adjusting her usual ponytail zatanna came over tugging it loose, her holden waves cascaded down her back. "Hey!" Artemis exclaimed.
"What you look great with your hair down" zatanna said "you'll thank me later".
Megan stepped out the bathroom door into the bedroom "wow! Arty you look killer, Wally won't be able to look away"
"That compliment was going well until the end" artemis commented.
"Hey shes just saying the truth" zatanna replied with a grin.
"You two are-" artemis was cut short by the doorbell "c'mon lets go"
"Eager are we" zatanna smirked.
"You two were the ones who wanted to go" artemis retorted.
"Whatever guys lets just go down" Megan interrupted.
They all walked out the room and down the stairs, Megan opened the door to reveal Wally wearing a shirt and jeans.
"Wow you ladies look nice" wally commented, his eyes lingering a bit longer on artemis then needed.
"See look he's wearing jeans and a shirt!" Artemis pointed out.
"Do you ever stop complaining?" Wally asked half sarcastically, half with good humour.
"Thats not very gentlemanly" artemis sarcastically replied back.
"You're right" Wally started, he cleared his throat then with a charming smile, that made Artemis get butterflies though she'd never admit it, he offered out his arm to Artemis "m'lady" he spoke
Artemis to everyones surprise took his arm "m'lord" she smirked back.
Wally escorted her to the car, then opened the door for her, just before she got in he whispered in her ear, his lips brushing against her ear"but seriously you look knock out" he winked at her before going round to the other side. Artemis shivered getting butterflies in her stomach again, but she was feeling happy? NO he should not be having this effect on her, oh no no no this can't be happening, no she won't let it, she WON'T get feelings for Wally West of all people.