Chapter 8

We get back to FSU later then we intended because of the rain. As we get back to campus Kyle parks in the schools parking lot, turning off the engine.

"Well this was fun" Amber cheerfully says.

"We should do it again sometime" Kyle looks at Amber and I.

Yeah when it's not right after schools starts and when we're on spring break. If my mom finds out about this she'll freak.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go up to the dorm and put my clothes up" I say to Amber, as I open the car door. Kyle pops the trunk for me to get my suitcase.

As I walk through the campus to get to my dorm room it's dark, but thank god that I know my way to my dorm room. As I get to the dorm area, I pull the door to let me in, as i get inside its pitch black.

"Hello?" I call out

When no one answers I take my phone from my pocket and turn on the flash. Everything is as it was when we left, the pod room looks the same,the sitting area looks the same and then I realize the storm must of knocked out the power.

I keep the flash on and drag my suitcase all the way to my room. I unlock the room door, walking inside and I suddenly trip over something and fall on my face. I get up slowly, feeling the floor for my phone, I finally find it. I try to turn the flash back on but its not working, I sit there for a couple more minutes, and the only sounds that I hear are my breathing and people walking.

Then the lights magically come back on, I look down at my phone in my hand and the screen is cracked, like unfixable cracked. I sigh and look to see what it was that I tripped on, it's candles. Those big glass candles, it's pink with a black wick sticking out of it.

"What happened here?"

I look up to see Amber frowning, her hair is all messed up and her lips are very plumped. I can't help but laugh because I know Kyle and her made out.

"What's so funny" she rolls her suitcase inside the room, shutting the door.

"Nothing" I stand up, going over to my bed.

She sits on her bed too "What happened to your phone?" She examines it

I don't reply, just take out my laptop and start to look for a job. I really have to get a job now, I can't be without a phone, I also need new clothes. I type in Google Tallahassee Florida Mall and Governors Square pops up. The mall is huge, bigger then the one back home and it's pretty too.

I look for places that's hiring and American Eagle is "Have you ever been to the Governors Square mall?"

"Nope" she has we eyes fixated on my phone, strolling through it.

I keep looking for hiring jobs in case one doesn't hire me.

"Hey, you go a message from your mom saying she's worried" Amber looks at me

"Give it to me" she throws the phone, making it hit the wall "what the hell" I yell

"Sorry" she twirls her hair.

"You're definitely going to the mall with me now."

........

"Ms. Johnson why are you late this time?"

I stand in the doorway, wearing sweat pants and a FSU shirt and my hair in a bushy ponytail. Last night Amber and I stayed up all night talking about what happened with her and Kyle, we went to sleep around four in the morning and since my phone is broke i had no alarm to wake me up. When i got up it was around nine something so I threw on clothes, put my hair into a ponytail -which was a hustle- and ran here was fast as i could. Now look at me.