Chapter 6 | Secrets and lies

*-ϟ -ϟ-*

"Y/n, it's adoption papers. You're Y/n Brigh."

"She's dead."

"She's not dead because you're here!"

I sigh, "Mazia, I know losing your best friend at a young age must be hard but I assure you-"

"Look at this. Estonia Brigh and Arianna Dumbledore's signature, handing you over to Catherine L/n and Tobias L/n. The funny thing is these signatures were done two days after Y/n Brigh was pronounced dead and a day after Estonia and Arianna went missing, meaning they didn't actually write it."

"Mazia, someone is coming..." I say.

She places the papers back in the safe, locks the safe and we hide on a windowsill, shutting the curtains behind us.

"Why did you even go in the safe?" I ask, in a low tone.

"I wanted to see if I could find out more about Y/n Brigh," she whispers back.

"Well, why would it be in a-" she places her hand over my mouth.

The door creaks open and I hear Snape talking to someone. I peer through the curtain a bit and Snape places something on the desk.

Mazia holds the adoption paper in her hand with another piece behind it.

I thought she put that back.

The door opens and slams shut once again. We hop off of the windowsill.

"Put them back," I say, through gritted teeth.

"Nah, you've got a brother," he says.

"What?"

"Well, you had a two-year-old brother, at the time, there's gotta be his files somewhere."

"I did?"

"Yeah, and I found his files," Mazia says, "Why not send him an Owl? His new address is here."

She hands me the paper behind my adoption paper.

"Why are you helping me?" I ask.

"I'll talk later, go to your room," she says.

I nod.

"Wait..." she stops me as I go to walk out, "Why did you come in here?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Okay, be careful," she says, taking the paper, that Snape put on the desk and staring at it.

I leave the room and walk through the corridors. I make it to 'my' room and take a piece of parchment paper out along with an ink pot and a quill from under my bed. Whilst I'm doing so, something falls from on top of a box. I pick it up.

A letter addressed to me. That's weird, I haven't received any owls for a while and definitely not since we started staying at Malfoy Manor.

'Y/N Brigh'

was written on the front of it with the Malfoy's address underneath it.

I open the letter.

Y/n Brigh

23/12

I know you do not know me but I am your brother. I have known for years, sorry for not contacting you sooner. Truth is, your 'family' are The L/ns are apart of the Death Eaters now so I just assumed there's no point but you're my sister so, I should try. My family confessed on my 11th birthday, that I was adopted and gave me your address and name and everything, but I didn't wanna contact you. You-know-who faked our deaths and stole us from our parents before attempting to erase their existence and throw them into the muggle world. We need to get back at you know who. Y/n, please work with me.