Chapter 7 | More secrets

*-ϟ -ϟ-*

"So, you know how Parker and I are over?"

I nod.

"Well, I met this guy and we've been hooking up."

"Right?"

"I don't usually like talking like this," Mei says, "But, Jesus...this man has a massive-"

I cover her mouth as some first years pass by.

"It's so weird cuz I'd just met him like a week ago and on the second day of knowing him he said, 'wanna take it to the room?' and, I was like sure, cuz I was high," she shrugs.

"Nasty," I reply.

"I let him stick me," she winks.

I shake my head, "Mei, babes, come on..."

"I'm joking but his-"

I cover her mouth once again.

She rolls her eyes, "I only speak the truth."

"Honestly, girl-"

"I'm joking!" she says, "Virgin, pure, swear on it." She pauses, "That was a joke, too. I've been hooking up with this girl in Slytherin."

"Dang, I didn't know you were into girls. Eh. She the same year?" I ask, raising a brow.

She shrugs, "Can't tell ya," she says.

I roll my eyes.

Harry dashes past me.

"Woah, what's the rush?" I ask.

"Ron," Harry says, out of breath, "He.., I'm getting blankets for him."

"Talk later," I say to Mei and run alongside Harry.

"What exactly happened?" I ask.

"Hurt."

"Okay..."

*-ϟ --ϟ-*

I walk into the room. Harry and Ginny stand next to Ron's bed as does Hermione on the opposing side and Lavender, at the bottom. Ron, in a haze, reaches out blindly. Blushing, Hermione takes his hand. Instantly, he falls unconscious again. Lavender, vibrating with rage, storms out. Dumbledore beams.

"Ah, to be young and feel love's keen sting. Come, everyone, I think Mr Weasley is well tended," Dumbledore says.

As Dumbledore leads the others past Harry, Harry studies him.

"What just happened?" I mumble to myself.

"Ronald, get some rest," I say, punching myself in the chest and extending a hand to him as I exit.

"He can't hear..," Hermione states.

"I am indeed aware," I say.

*-ϟ -(Later that day)-ϟ-*

I sit by Mattheo.

"How are you?" I ask.

"I'm fine, princess, why'd you ask?"

I shrug. He grabs my hand and drags me into a closet, that is in the dungeon.

We sit on the floor and lock the door.

"Well, Lav and Ron broke up and Mei and your sister are hooking up."

"What the fuck did you just say?" he asks.

"Lav and Ron broke up. Not too crazy, if you ask me-"

"No, no, my sister..."

"Oh, I think, she and Mei are hooking up. Mei didn't say it directly but there's tension between them - wink, wink - and Mei said she's hooking up with a lass from Slytherin."