Chapter 2

Princess Sylvia Anertia of Anertia kingdom, which becomes Anertia Dukedom in the future.

The mother of the villainess, the main character of the intense RPG Otome game I had finished just some days before dying.

Ah. I am not too bothered by dying. I did not have much attachment with my parents or had any friends. When you live separately from your parents for so much time, you just loose the connection.

It's not like I am crying or anything. Absolutely not.

Absolutely not.

I sighed and wiped the tears that came from my eyes due to dirt, and calmed down a little.

Praying for the original Sylvia, I hope she lives a happy life wherever her soul went.

I glanced around my bedroom. It's super luxurious, with many beautiful ice-made sculptures. I don't know the temperature, but it must be atleast -20 or -30°C, since the sculptures are so sturdy.

But still, I don't feel any discomfort at all. Instead, the cold is soothing to me. Well, I am the heir of the Royal Family who has been living in this habitat since its existence.

I laid on my luxurious bed to think about what to do from now on.

Anertia Kingdom was the northernmost kingdom of the continent, with very low population of about 5,000 people. Though it has a very large landmass, almost half the Empire at the time before it's start of expansion. It is very rich in resources like oil, gold, mana crystals, mithril, iron and many precious metals. Though it is dependent on the neighbouring kingdom Mitashi for major quantity of food.

We have 3 months of day and 3 months of night. Crazy,  right?

So in such harsh environment, the kingdom had been thriving for thousands of years due to high level of magic-technological development, and trade.

I can see the tubelights, bulbs, room heater, and many appliances from my previous world, albeit made with magic as the source. It is said that the Ice Sage founded the kingdom and he paved the path for these inventions. The people here are descendants of his disciples.

He may be from the earth.

Anyway, it won't be a stretch to say that this kingdom is given Dwarf's blessings, a legendary and the most good-hearted and hard working race during the times of the Ice Sage.

Most of the people engage in mining, architecture, crafting of weapons, armours, and making of magical tools. A small part of population engages in agriculture and other professions like teacher, doctor, etc.

As for the social structure, it is very mature from the rest of the world. There is no discrimination in any form, except that the Royal Family is given more respect as descendants of the Ice Sage.

Like, there is no discrimination between men and women while the rest of the world is still in the medival period!

Then there is 100% literacy rate, which means everyone from the age of 5 knows how to read and write. Then 100% people attend high school and 95% college according to the stats of last 10 years.

100% employment and 0% poverty. The poorest family has enough income to eat three satisfying meals per day, and being able to buy clothes for each family member per month.

Free schooling till High School, free medical checkup every three months, and even then the hospital bills are payable by the poorest family. If there is some serious disease and the family can't afford it, they have the Royal Insurance.

Honestly, even the modern countries in my previous world didn't have this much development in the welfare of the people.

There was even the parliament, and no noble family except the Royal Family.

And even then, it's not like the Royal Family could do as it pleased like the government of many kingdoms or empires, where even trash people become the ruler just because they are born into the ruling family. The King and Queen must have 2/3rd confidence of the parliament to exercise their power in this Kingdom.

So why did such an advanced kingdom fall against the Empire? The reasons were our low population and dependency of food on the neighbouring kingdom Mitashi.

Mitashi betrayed our thousands of years trust, and joined hands with the Empire, and it became a crisis for our kingdom.

They literally starved us and we had no choice but to surrender. Sylvia's father, the king, was killed. Sylvia herself was going to commit suicide but her people stopped her, because they didn't want to be ruled by foreigners.

And in the end, Sylvia was forced to marry the person who killed her father, Duke Hearthen. The Parliament of the kingdom was cancelled and Anertia Kingdom was renamed as Hearthen Duchy.

Sylvia herself doesn't have much power now, and just a figurehead to control the Duchy. And the native population is reduced from 5,000 to 1,000, and around 10,000 people are brought here from the rest of the Empire. So, only 1,000 people follow me out of 11,000 people, and they are being forced to teach the mining, and magical tool making skills to the migrants of Empire. It wouldn't be surprising if all the natives are killed after their skills are passed on.

Sigh. I know the setting was hard, but did it have to be so hard!? Truck-kun should have sent me 2-3 years before! I would have seduced Mitashi's Crown Prince and stopped exporting armours, weapons and magical tools with which the Empire attacked.

Uggh! And worst of all, I.AM.FREAKING.PREGNANT!

And I just got to know that heroine's mother, Alexia, also got pregnant. And that's why I passed out.

...

"SELENA! SUMMON HEARTHEN AND ALEXIA TO DRAWING ROOM!"

Why should I suffer and let the unborn child in my belly suffer because of those bastards!? As if I will just freeze myself like OG Sylvia! If anything, I will freeze them instead!