Ch. 28 Hurting More Than Helping

Drift's P.O.V.
I walk down the hall, seeing Crosshairs and the six femmes heading upstairs. I text Arcee, hoping she'll look at the text once the six take Crosshairs wherever they're going. Its obvious Crosshairs couldn't hide how he's feeling about the situation and the six femmes caught him. I inform Sunstreaker and tell him I'm not going back to the lounge room yet. I sit on the stairs, waiting to know if I should go to my room or not. 
A few minutes pass before Rung walks by me, going up the stairs. I need to see if Crosshairs is ok.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Scrap, this isn't good. I screwed up and got Crosshairs thinking about the situation again.
Though it's wise to talk about our feelings related to what's going on, I think I went too far.
Are you ok? Sideswipe asks through the bond.
No, I think I unintentionally caused Crosshairs to be more troubled with the situation.
I suspect whatever he's thinking would have been thought of without a conversation with you. They need our help, but what can we do?
Depends on how Jamie is doing. Hopefully she'll be ok with them not being around for a few hours.

I was hoping Jamie wouldn't be looking to take a nap, but now I don't have to worry about her worrying about where her mechs are.
"Ok, now do we go find them?" Lily asks.
"No, leave them alone," I tell her, "Jamie will be asleep for a while."
"They're having a hard time," we hear Lightning, before she takes out her phone, "I'm taking Jamie with me."
Lightning puts her phone in her pocket, and  carries Jamie out of the room. I don't think we'll know what's going on.
"Scrap, hope they'll be ok," Sideswipe worries.
I didn't think he'd want to get Mirage to spy for us, but there's no need to.

Drift's P.O.V.
This is what I was afraid would happen while Crosshairs thought it was better to hide how he's feeling about this situation. Even if I already know how worried he is. Crosshairs is still annoyed with the therapy session we're now in with Rung.
"She's asleep already," we hear Lightning as she walks in carrying Jamie.
Rung tells Lightning to have Crosshairs hold Jamie. Crosshairs hugs Jamie close to him.
"You need to stop hiding how you're feeling and talk to Drift. Before Jamie sees you struggling."
With that, Rung leaves the room. Lightning sits on my bed, but says nothing. Crosshairs has had enough being lectured for today.

Crosshairs' P.O.V.
I wanted to protect Drift and Lightning. Now all the Cybertronian femmes at the base, Drift and Rung know. I just added to their worry. As if Drift wasn't worried enough. The room is silent for a few minutes before Lightning leaves. Drift takes Jamie from me, believing a shower should help me.

The terror twins and Lily come by soon after I'm out of the shower. The twins already know I don't tell Drift anything. Yet Sunstreaker looks at me, concerned. The thoughts that filled my mind earlier would have happened even if we didn't have the conversation we had. Sunstreaker insists we go workout. It's Jamie's mental state that has me uncertain if I should. This is what's troubling. Normally she'd be ok, but now...
I know Drift will insist I go.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said what I said," Sunstreaker says as we walk down the hall.
"It's not your fault. I would have had these thoughts, eventually. Every day I worry I'll lose my friends that are more like family."

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Crosshairs knows how worried everyone is. Everyone knows he and Drift are more worried, considering the bond they have with Jamie.
The two already let Sideswipe and I help. There's nothing more to say.
"We'll help the best we can. I don't think she's ready to have more friends spend time with her."
A workout will not help Crosshairs much, but it's something to keep him busy for a while.

Lily's P.O.V.
"Should I help you drag his aft to Rung's office?" Sideswipe asks.
"That wouldn't help if he's not willing to go, but... he was caught hiding in the conference room and things escalated. Rung had to be called. Which turned into a therapy session, and I think Crosshairs told him everything on his mind. The problem is Crosshairs refuses to talk to me."
"How long before he's struggling constantly and Jamie sees it?" I ask.
"He tries to hide when he  can't hide his feelings, but Jamie gets terrified now if either of us aren't around for a while. It's a risk," Drift sighs. I can't believe how much Jamie struggles and how much it affects her guardians, "some boyfriend I am. I know Crosshairs feels like a horrible friend, but..."
A tear escapes his eye. 
Talking about how we're all like family will not help him. All I can do is sit on the bed and hug him before Sideswipe and I leave.

Drift's P.O.V.
I want to do more than protect Jamie and make sure she's eating. I should make her happy. Crosshairs and I should make her happy — though there are things only I can do. I lay on the bed, with Jamie laying on me.

Crosshairs didn't work out for long. He holds Jamie while sitting on my bed. All I can do is hug him.
"How much more is she going to struggle?" Crosshairs sighs, "the holiday season is going to be scrap."
"I don't know..."