The Mona Incident (Part 1)

~Raph p.o.v.~

"Zero! I'm back from patrol!" I called, stepping into our apartment. Zero said she'd wait up for me, so I was expecting her to be in the living room listening to the TV. Instead I found our house a wreck, furniture thrown about, papers scattered, and a distinct splash of blood on the wall.

Oh no. Oh no, no, no! My mind screamed as I ran to the nursery. Out of all the rooms in our apartment, Zero and I had fortified that one the most, agreeing that if anything happened we'd make sure Nixie, at least, was unharmed.

The nursery was no different from the rest of our house. The door looked like it had been forced open and more blood dripped down the walls. The cradle was on its side, and sticking out of the wall was a blood stained weapon I recognized all too well.

A plasma sword.

The very same one owned by my ex girlfriend, Mona Lisa.

Less than five minutes later my brothers were in our apartment while Donnie took blood samples from the puddles on the walls.
"Some of it is Zero's, and some is Mona's, but none of it is Nixie's." Donnie confirmed.
"Dudes, I found a note!" Mikey said, taking a piece of paper from the baby blanket on the floor.

Dear Raphie, the note began,

I know this woman used her mind powers to make you love her, but don't worry. She'll be dead at sunrise, and then we can get rid of the little spawn she created and get married go into space together! I know you still love me, and I can't live without you! Soon we'll be together forever and ever and ever! I can't wait to see what our young will look like once you love me again!

Love, Mona Lisa.

"Oh, I think the cheese slid of her pizza." Mikey said, making the cookoo sign with his hand.
"NO SHIT! SHE KIDNAPPED MY WIFE AND CHILD! I'LL SKIN HER SORRY ASS!" I yelled, anger rising from the pit of my stomach.
"Raph, calm down. If you don't keep a level head, you might do something you'll regret." Leo said, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah, if you charge in making threats, she might hurt Zero or Nixie." Donnie said.
"She's already hurt Zero!" I exclaimed, motioning to the blood puddles.

~Zero p.o.v.~

My head hurt, so much.

I sat up and projected, allowing me to understand the layout of the room... erm, cell. In the corner of the room was a small bundle, which I tried to quickly crawled over to. My leg throbbed before, and the second I began to move pain shot up my body like electricity. My leg was broken just below me knee, and I could feel countless cuts on my body.

What happened? I wondered, and the memories came rushing back. Mona had broken in, and I had fought her, resulting in me protecting Nixie in the nursery, and.... I sighed as my memories faded out and crawled to the bundle, ignoring the searing pain and picking up the cloth. My hand met warm, soft skin and Nixie cooed. At the very least, my baby wasn't hurt.

I tried to teleport but just as I was about to, my powers cut out, reverberating back at me.
"Damnit." I mumbled. The entire room was lined with Germanium, which neutralized my powers.
"Well, well, well, lookie who's awake!" An unhinged and familiar voice said. Mona. Her thoughts echoed in the confines of the room, irrational and sporadic. She was completely mad.

"Why did you do this, Mona?" I asked her, putting myself between her and Nixie.
"Simple, you and your dumb, dumb, dumb ass powers made Raph fall in love with you! You manipulated him, so Imma kill ya to get rid of that little trick!" She said; she was acting nothing like the mature, calm person from Raph's memories.

"That's not something I can do, Mona." I replied truthfully.
"Liar! You had to have done something! That's the only reason why he'd marry you, bitch!" Mona said, striking me through the bars.
"He wed me because he loves me, Mona. Without any tricks. You would have had the same chance, had you not left him alone." I said, ignoring my stinging cheek.

"Liar! All you do is lie! But it doesn't matter; by dawning you'll be rotting in hell." Mona said.

Just then I heard an alarm go off.
"Ah! My dear Rapheal has come to thank me for ridding him of you and your wretched bastard child." She said, and I heard her skip down the hall, giggling.
"That, Nixie, is the sort of person you never wanna associate with." I told the baby, "now, how about we try to help your daddy and uncles with whatever plan they have?"

~Raph p.o.v.~

I stood outside Mona ship while my brothers sat in the shadows. The door opened and Mona skipped out, throwing her arms around me.
"Raphie! I missed you! Did you miss me?" Mona said, and I grit my teeth before pushing her away.
"Where's my wife, Mona?" I asked her.
"Oh, you don't need to be worried about that! She'll be dead soon enough, and we can be together!" My ex exclaimed.
"Mona, you don't want to kill Zero. She's never done anything to you, and neither has Nixie." I said.
"False! They took you from me! For that, they can't live!" Mona proclaimed, and I snapped my fingers. In a flash, my brothers leapt from the trees and dogpiled on Mona. She flailed and thrashed as I ran past them, onto the ship.

I heard a furious roar behind me and was knocked aside; Mona ran down the halls and my brothers and I followed. We got to a room lined in some weird metal, and Mona had the blade of a knife pressed to Zeros neck.

~Third Person p.o.v.~

The room was tense.

The only noise was labored breathing as Mona's hand held tight to Zeros windpipe.

"Mona," Leo began slowly, "You don't have to do this. Just put Zero down, and we can put this behind us." Leo was, of course, lying. This madwoman had threatened his niece and sister-in-law, and would get the full extent of the lawful punishment.

"WE'LL PUT THIS BEHIND US AS SOON AS SHE'S DEAD!" Mona shrieked, her last strand of sanity burning up with her rage.

Crimson blood splattered across the floor.

Raph screamed in disbelief.

Nixie cried, a wave of fear washing over her, even if she didn't know why.

And Zero dropped to the side, blood streaming from the large gash on her neck.